PROUD of the lads tonight! | Page 2 | Vital Football

PROUD of the lads tonight!

i agree to a certain extent 58 but we just dont cross the ball early enough we get it out wide in crossable positions but then go backwards thats no good for strikers it just gives defenders more time to set up we definetly need another striker although im baffled that conor washington isnt used more i go against the grain here as i know most blades dont rate him but i do and think he deserves more chances
Agreed mate, for me that’s our biggest problem right now. Time and again we’ll get into a great position where we could put in an early cross but delay it and like you say it then gives the opposition time to set themselves. If I was Wilder and Knill I’d make this the main focus during the international break but it’s been an obvious issue for a while so maybe it’s down to the players.

There’s no need or benefit to overplay it to make sure that the cross is perfect, an early ball in is always the more dangerous, and even if it goes night and wide occasionally, I bet we’d get more goals if we just hit it first time and let Billy do what he does best.

whats on my mind is,why would any of em put money into the club if theres a chance ya not gonna be the owner come may ? its like yeah heres 10 million wilder gets us up ,but you aint gonna be here to collect ya rewards

I suspect its the difference between losing the case and walking away with £10m, and losing the case and walking away with £30m. Right now neither of them knows who will win, so it falls into 'hedging your bets'.

However, it is also possible that the owners are both good guys who have fallen out. When a couple fall out, they both still want whats best for the kids. One of them doesn't have to be evil, (despite what she tells her friends...)

I suspect its the difference between losing the case and walking away with £10m, and losing the case and walking away with £30m. Right now neither of them knows who will win, so it falls into 'hedging your bets'.

However, it is also possible that the owners are both good guys who have fallen out. When a couple fall out, they both still want whats best for the kids. One of them doesn't have to be evil, (despite what she tells her friends...)

Agreed FKB, but unfortunately, the unknown worries me and HRH is just that.

Rightly or wrongly, I'm in the "better the devil you know" camp

Agreed mate, for me that’s our biggest problem right now. Time and again we’ll get into a great position where we could put in an early cross but delay it and like you say it then gives the opposition time to set themselves. If I was Wilder and Knill I’d make this the main focus during the international break but it’s been an obvious issue for a while so maybe it’s down to the players.

There’s no need or benefit to overplay it to make sure that the cross is perfect, an early ball in is always the more dangerous, and even if it goes night and wide occasionally, I bet we’d get more goals if we just hit it first time and let Billy do what he does best.
i know we could do with some pace up front but i also think we need a big physical target man and then maybe we would get more crosses in to the box and have someone to aim at know it isnt really our game but we need alternatives especially up front

As you'll know I'm generally supporting of King Kev, but I'm now moving to a position of wanting change. Kev has put his time and wallet in here, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest from his lads, and as the clock is ticking, he's going to need a solution sooner rather than later.

Anyway, the style of football we're playing is very TV friendly, as is the modest and workmanlike way we are conducting ourselves. If we can't get interest in a takeover now, then there's no hope.

As you'll know I'm generally supporting of King Kev, but I'm now moving to a position of wanting change. Kev has put his time and wallet in here, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest from his lads, and as the clock is ticking, he's going to need a solution sooner rather than later.

Anyway, the style of football we're playing is very TV friendly, as is the modest and workmanlike way we are conducting ourselves. If we can't get interest in a takeover now, then there's no hope.
agreed fkb got a feeling were not gonna achieve our aim with either of these 2 at the helm although i do think its best to have the devil you know lol

Let’s be honest, HRH doesn’t seem to give a sh*t about the football side B58, he’s not been near a game since Chesterfield at home in May 2017 has he? He’s also not really said anything to inspire fan’s support for his actions.

Staying away for so long and sayin nowt hasn't done him any favours with fans and it’s played right into McCabe’s hands propaganda-wise. You know my views on McCabe, but even I couldn’t back a bloke who seems to want the club on paper but seems to be showing no interest whatsoever in being a physical part of it. Has he even attended half a dozen games in the 5 years he’s been onboard? Sorry I don’t trust his motives because he hasn’t done or said anything to inspire my trust.

Let’s be honest, HRH doesn’t seem to give a sh*t about the football side B58, he’s not been near a game since Chesterfield at home in May 2017 has he? He’s also not really said anything to inspire fan’s support for his actions.

Staying away for so long and sayin nowt hasn't done him any favours with fans and it’s played right into McCabe’s hands propaganda-wise. You know my views on McCabe, but even I couldn’t back a bloke who seems to want the club on paper but seems to be showing no interest whatsoever in being a physical part of it. Has he even attended half a dozen games in the 5 years he’s been onboard? Sorry I don’t trust his motives because he hasn’t done or said anything to inspire my trust.
I'd settle for someone with loads of money who doen't interfere but has ambition.

like McCabe

Uh oh...!

250px-Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

like McCabe
You enjoyed the decade of decline then B58?

The point I was making is that, sometimes, you can 'love' something too much, be too close to it, be accepting of the inevitable disappointment, be scarred by the baggage of years of 'nearly, if only miasma that pervades SUFC.

A new man not carrying, and not burdened by all that baggage might be better for the greater good .

You enjoyed the decade of decline then B58?

The point I was making is that, sometimes, you can 'love' something too much, be too close to it, be accepting of the inevitable disappointment, be scarred by the baggage of years of 'nearly, if only miasma that pervades SUFC.

A new man not carrying, and not burdened by all that baggage might be better for the greater good .

Depends on what he's in it for

Kudos? Prestige? Profile?

Or whether he's in it to make as much money as he can in as little time as possible, by whatever means and he doesn't care how he achieves it?

I still look at an owner who respects the club, it's history and culture and its supporters. I'm not looking for a Chansiri type. I'm looking for a Leicester type owner.

If that's a bit out dated these days, or unreasonable then so be it.

No mercenaries in at SUFC !

isn't that you TT?
Wrong on two counts Aya.

The second one is that I would want to have my say.:LOL:

B58 That's why I want someone with ambition and without interference ( To Dream the Impossible dream......) and I'm not sure that even the Leicester chairman didn't interfere but, when(if) it works out positevely that's seen as benevolence, caring and understanding.

If it goes wrong it's asset stripping ( Venkys) , not allowing the manager to manage and self aggrandisement ( Chansiri).

It's a fine balance but when, seemingly, both owners have lost interest in moving the club forward sustainably then it's time for a change

I'd settle for someone with loads of money who doen't interfere but has ambition.
Agreed, but I don’t think that’s HRH TT.

Something about him didn’t quite sit right for me almost from the off. He said beggar all but one of his 2 mouthpieces acted as a cheerleader and promised fans all sorts of goodies while the other constantly warned us HRH wouldn’t be putting that much money in so we shouldn’t expect too much. He did say that he’d bring other investors onboard if we ever got into a position where we could get promotion to the premier league and I guess a prerequisite of him doing that was that HRH owned the club outright hence the fallout, but again he’s not come out and said anything. He has said the his personal fortune is measured in $millions rather than $billions though, so it’s pretty obvious that he would need to get some big hitters onboard to really back a promotion.

There was also a rumour was that HRH doesn’t like Wilder’s outspoken style and that he would replace him with a foreign coach if he was sole owner. Again he could have put this to bed as soon as it appeared if it wasn’t true, but the fact that he’s been totally invisible since a year last May after previously disappearing for 3 years before while he carried out his governmental duties and allegedly couldn’t get time off to pop over a couple of times doesn’t fill me with confidence.

It’s a gut feeling, I might be wrong, but I think that HRH will eventually be added onto the long list of McCabe’s bloopers.