Proud Father ! | Vital Football

Proud Father !

Davidimp

Vital Football Legend
My daughter Shona got her exam results today for her GCSES.

She got the following
Mathematics grade 7
History, geography, chemistry, physics and English literature grade 8
Biology, English language and Spanish grade 9

Grade 7 is equal to an A, 8 A* and 9 A**

A levels next in history, chemistry and biology.
She hoping to study medicine at university, with the aim of becoming a doctor.
To get such amazing grades after the last 18 months is unbelievable, she's so motivated and knows exactly what she wants from life.

Things may have changed since my day, but most Unis wanted 3 sciences for medicine back then. Not necessary in my view, but might just be worth checking.

Otherwise, congrats!

Things may have changed since my day, but most Unis wanted 3 sciences for medicine back then. Not necessary in my view, but might just be worth checking.

Otherwise, congrats!
She's been told 2 to at a level and obviously 3 at gcse.

Otherwise, congrats!
Hi mate, Cambridge require all 3 sciences but not Oxford

At the normal Comp my lad went to for his GCSE's they didn't do German, so my boy always went on duo lingo and started to learn it as best he could. He then got into the Grammar for his A-Levels and did GCSE German for his IRP. He came out with a 9 and would have done even without the current grading system. His life has been study study and more study, never once have I said to either of them go do your homework, not once have I had to check up. I have been blessed in that respect and grateful, grateful too for stability and no moving of schools due to my previous line of work etc. But also tremendous admiration to all teachers who have been absolutely fantastic at both schools. My mantra has always been, do your best - that's all I can ask, take advantage of all the extra sessions in half terms etc which he has done. Proud that his self determination has paid off for all his results. He got to the final mix for a scholarship so fingers crossed he gets it, he had his interview last week and we should know in a month or so.

At the normal Comp my lad went to for his GCSE's they didn't do German, so my boy always went on duo lingo and started to learn it as best he could. He then got into the Grammar for his A-Levels and did GCSE German for his IRP. He came out with a 9 and would have done even without the current grading system. His life has been study study and more study, never once have I said to either of them go do your homework, not once have I had to check up. I have been blessed in that respect and grateful, grateful too for stability and no moving of schools due to my previous line of work etc. But also tremendous admiration to all teachers who have been absolutely fantastic at both schools. My mantra has always been, do your best - that's all I can ask, take advantage of all the extra sessions in half terms etc which he has done. Proud that his self determination has paid off for all his results. He got to the final mix for a scholarship so fingers crossed he gets it, he had his interview last week and we should know in a month or so.
Sounds like Shona, did her 5 lessons a day when the first lockdown happened, incredibly focused, knows what she wants and works unbelievably hard.