Pronouns | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pronouns

To take it back to pronouns, the whole thing doesn't bother me but it is pretty nuanced. It's so out there that even the woke's trip themselves up with it. Sometimes "live and let live" is fine but woke people don't want that. I think its been said but being woke is like a new religion to people because so many people have given up on things to believe in.

The fact all these conversations are happening are proof of how great the world and the west is. These people are not thankful enough because these arent conversations in super difficult places to live like say Belarus or wherever else you want to pick. Same with anxiety, people who live in Sudan don't have time for generalized anxiety disorder. I think some of these problems and forces are created, lets fix a problem that isnt really there or at least doesnt exist in a world thats not almost perfect.

Hit the nail on the head there.

As I've said if people want to use their preferred pronouns I don't care, more power to them and I understand why some want to. I do the draw the line at someone asking me to use my pronouns (which is something I don't subscribe to so it's pointless) or in a situation where having to use other peoples pronouns becomes compelled speech ie. the Canadian thing.

I do agree the west is far from perfect, but it's the best we've got. Certain people have completely lost the run of themselves. All of these woke groups who have banded together, including neo-feminists, want to to tear down western civilization and rebuild their own utopia where they hold all the power because they see the west as a racist, tyrannical patriarchy. It's an unhinged ideology which doesn't hold up under scrutiny, but instead of debating they want to shut any dissenting voices down.

It may seem like a small minority of loons, but they sure are loud and influential and have taken hold of academia in the US and Canada, and now it's spreading to this part of the world.

Censorship, cancel culture and compelled speech is not "progressive".

on a serious note if it was a work thing my response would be as follows;

If I was the superior of the person I would say " Haven't you got some work to do?"
If they were my senior I would say "I have got some work to do"
And if we were equal I would say " Haven't you got something better to get worried about, like world hunger etc?"

It may seem like a small minority of loons, but they sure are loud and influential and have taken hold of academia in the US and Canada, and now it's spreading to this part of the world.

Censorship, cancel culture and compelled speech is not "progressive".

I think @Wurzel put is much more succinctly than I could.

I don't know what is true but my opinion has changed in terms of the academia piece. So far the classwork I've overheard is actually pretty normal and isn't in your face like a lot of these other people have become.

What does your friend do? I think this is a classic example of going to "I'm right (dot) com" and unleashing the kraken of secondhand information and interpretation.

I admire the initial thought behind the things you've outlined except they've been militarized and put into an ideology and its now far beyond the original thought or intention. There is a fine line between these IMO, Alex Jones is definitely the fine line person to do the case study on too. I don't think he should really be on the airways, he isn't inciting hate as far as I am aware but he might be harming families morning their lost children. Now attempting to cancel Kevin Hart over a tweet he made 10 years ago and already apologized for? Give it a break.

Also on the pronouns thing EmRata saying she'll know her childs gender at 18 sounds to me like this child is going to come out of this childhood fucked up and not knowing who they are.

Here's another one, gender none confirming. The bar seems very low for that, my GFs friend who is 21 says she thinks she's gender none conforming because she doesnt 'conform to social norms' which means she deosnt shave her arms or her legs. I am not sure that that is actually what that means but you can see how these things go through a different lense and start to get bastardized.

Here's another one, gender none confirming. The bar seems very low for that, my GFs friend who is 21 says she thinks she's gender none conforming because she doesnt 'conform to social norms' which means she deosnt shave her arms or her legs. I am not sure that that is actually what that means but you can see how these things go through a different lense and start to get bastardized.

Who tf thinks like that?

I like listening to pop music and I don't go out and get pissed with my mates every weekend (even pre-Covid).

In those ways I don't conform to male 'norms' but it doesn't mean I'm not one!

Who tf thinks like that?

I like listening to pop music and I don't go out and get pissed with my mates every weekend (even pre-Covid).

In those ways I don't conform to male 'norms' but it doesn't mean I'm not one!

Yeah, but if you want to make yourself feel special, you can tell everyone in the world that you are non-binary and insist that everyone uses different pronouns for you.

What does your friend do? I think this is a classic example of going to "I'm right (dot) com" and unleashing the kraken of secondhand information and interpretation.

Also on the pronouns thing EmRata saying she'll know her childs gender at 18 sounds to me like this child is going to come out of this childhood fucked up and not knowing who they are.

She's a primary school teacher, so she gets a lot of this information and then has to teach it to kids. She was at a convention a few days before and then couldn't wait to tell us all about it. I would love to know who was running this convention and their political beliefs, but I could take a guess.

And yes, she also believes children shouldn't be "marked" with their gender etc. on their birth certs.

I feel sorry for any kid going to secondary school who doesn't know what gender they are. I don't see how that stops bullying, just the opposite

And yes, she also believes children shouldn't be "marked" with their gender etc. on their birth certs.

Oh, the irony of not wanting to 'burden' young kids with simple concepts like male or female yet simultaneously believing that 5-11 year olds are physically, emotionally and psychologically developed enough to understand the concept of binary or non-binary gender identities, or even decide their own gender.

Oh, the irony of not wanting to 'burden' young kids with simple concepts like male or female yet simultaneously believing that 5-11 year olds are physically, emotionally and psychologically developed enough to understand the concept of binary or non-binary gender identities, or even decide their own gender.

I know mate, at this stage I think I'll give in and they can run their "woke experiment" and 20 years from now they can take responsibility for the utter mess they've made and the lives they have damaged.