Promotion squad | Vital Football

Promotion squad

Polly 433

Vital Football Hero
In an attempt to help everyone’s mental health and move away from the anxieties that fill life at present I thought a new discussion may assist.

Imagine Forest were promoted this season! I feel we all agree the squad/team needs strengthening. EM and co allows £60m to be spent on transfers. How would you spend it. Who would yo buy? What will be your key areas for reshaping?

Keep till receipts.

Akinfenwa

Tried all pre-season to get him but Gareth Ainsworth rejected money and a swap deal with Daryl Murphy.

Akinfenwa

Tried all pre-season to get him but Gareth Ainsworth rejected money and a swap deal with Daryl Murphy.

I know akinfenwa-he has respect for forest and top all round bloke. Would love to see him play at a higher level just for the crack.

Believe it or not his brother is twice as big as he is.

Grant 15m
Swift 5m
Eze 15m
Benrhama 10m
Phillip's 15m

Think youre being very optimitsic with some of the pricing there. Suspct Benrhama & Eze would cost £50m between them.

I would be generally happy with the defence so would be looking for a midfielder, winger & striker for £20m each. Would be very happy with Eze.

Think youre being very optimitsic with some of the pricing there. Suspct Benrhama & Eze would cost £50m between them.

I would be generally happy with the defence so would be looking for a midfielder, winger & striker for £20m each. Would be very happy with Eze.

Eze is currently linked with Spurs for 15m. Brentford valued Benrahma at 15m over the Jan window, so I cheated a little to hit 60m. There's always wiggle room for negotiation too.

Would agree with CP’s list except for Philips. Not sure we would need another wide man. The money released would assist in bringing in the other four. With the present Forest squad plus Grant, Eze, Swift and Benrahma will leave Watson the weak link. Good as he has been he surely will be exposed in Premiership.

Would agree with CP’s list except for Philips. Not sure we would need another wide man. The money released would assist in bringing in the other four. With the present Forest squad plus Grant, Eze, Swift and Benrahma will leave Watson the weak link. Good as he has been he surely will be exposed in Premiership.

Wrong Phillips...Leeds CB

You would be lucky to get two of those for £60m plus change at today's prices

Eze apparently going to Spurs for £20m+

15m according to my QPR friends, with bonuses depending on performance. No idea who you think is worth 40m in that list with football in the mess it currently is lol

15m according to my QPR friends, with bonuses depending on performance. No idea who you think is worth 40m in that list with football in the mess it currently is lol
I think Eze, Phillips and Benrhama would all potentially stretch past £20m+ each. You would get two of them, plus change.

I’d blow the whole budget on Tyreece John-Jules from Arsenal just because I like Red Dwarf.

Well i did say Eze would be a cracking signing last summer before he was worth mega millions.
I did the same with Antonio long before we signed him.
Just to even things out i also said Muric would be a brilliant signing and Matty Cash would never make a right back .:thumbup:

id keep the back 5 n and sell all the others, giving an extra 2 or 3 mil.
then get the arsenal reserves in on loan