Promotion or Win FA Cup | Page 2 | Vital Football

Promotion or Win FA Cup

Lee Koo - 23/2/2018 16:54

As a club we need to get promoted. We dont need to win the FA Cup again.

'We don't need to win the FA Cup again'....really!!!! A Win it as many times as possible for me....even at the expense of promotion to Championship & as in 2013 losing our Prem status. Just think Lee Koo - a lovely few wee trips in Europe if we were succesful in winning it again

nottinghamlatic - 23/2/2018 20:05

What a pointless thread!

Hardly 'pointless' Notts, I think it's prob a question being asked amongst Latics fans in the pub prior to the game & in the ground itself. Harmless post but hardly pointless!!

The hypothesis that underpins the question is that we would be in a position to choose. Why would we have to choose? Totally nonsensical.

nottinghamlatic - 23/2/2018 23:43

The hypothesis that underpins the question is that we would be in a position to choose. Why would we have to choose? Totally nonsensical.

# barrowloadoflaughs !

nottinghamlatic - 23/2/2018 23:43

Why would we have to choose? Totally nonsensical.

Because in life there are choices!!! lighten up a wee bit Notts eh.....did that win against the big boys not give you a little skip in your step...it did me!!

jocklatic - 23/2/2018 20:04

Lee Koo - 23/2/2018 16:54

As a club we need to get promoted. We dont need to win the FA Cup again.

'We don't need to win the FA Cup again'....really!!!! A Win it as many times as possible for me....even at the expense of promotion to Championship & as in 2013 losing our Prem status. Just think Lee Koo - a lovely few wee trips in Europe if we were succesful in winning it again

Im comparing the current situation as posed by the question. Of course I want to win the FA Cup again but as a club we need the championship, maybe even to ensure a sustainable future. The owners want a championship club.

truelatic4eva - 24/2/2018 10:17

'the owners want a championship club'

Really?...Tell us more

Current owners have already stated that promotion is the priority. Cant be much clearer can it? It was (is) important for them as a holder or a seller

I would expect the new owners to want Latics to get as high up the league's as possible.
But if as expected they want to use Latics as an advertising vehicle for their company. Then surely an F.A. Cup win would give them more global exposure than possibly Premier League football would?

Football is a business the team and club are valued more when playing in the higher leagues.
the new owners ( if any) will want us playing at a higher level for they will get more dollars for their investment.

Promotion
(I’d probably start wavering if we’re winning at HT in the semi final)

but I can’t see the squad coping with 46 matches, straight in at the start of League Cup, FA Cup , the Johnstones paint thing and at least 6 European matches...

and more seriously wouldn’t a few of our core players take transfers to Championship clubs if we are still in this League ?

Made in Wigan - 23/2/2018 16:43

I would take promotion and an honourable defeat in the semis. As above, long term it's probably more important we go up.

Second part came true for you, now lets hope we can push on with your first request.

Simple question. Simple answer:
FA Cup win (and create history) for me
I've changed my mind.

I was just not that arsed about watching it yesterday but with regret decided to.
For me, it has lost its appeal from the stupid kick off time to the losing supporters pegging it from the stadium as soon as the final whistle goes - the magic of cup final day has disappeared.

I've changed my mind.

I was just not that arsed about watching it yesterday but with regret decided to.
For me, it has lost its appeal from the stupid kick off time to the losing supporters pegging it from the stadium as soon as the final whistle goes - the magic of cup final day has disappeared.
but the proper fans of both clubs I bet dont even get a ticket