Promotion or Win FA Cup | Vital Football

Promotion or Win FA Cup

To be honest I'd win the cup over it. I know it sounds stupid and being in the championship with owners is important for our future. But league 1 has been so much more enjoyable in recent times for obvious reasons. Proper league, proper stadiums. Championship has now joined the premier league in being all about money. But saying that I have full confidence in us in the championship next season. Tbh it can't be worse than the last time.

Cup for me and the subsequent European campaign.

I'd be quite happy to do another league one campaign next season, although I think it will be a lot tougher to get out of it next season if the likes of Sunderland and (possibly) Hull drop in to it.

First ever third tier club to win the cup? Two time fa cup winners? European football next season? Another magical couple of Wembley days? No brainer for me, Reading away can wait for another year. To be honest, I’d take the cup even if it meant being stuck in L1 for the next ten years.

League is the main focus so probably has to be that. However if i had to settle for just lifting the cup again I'm sure I'd live with that compromise!

I'm with TB on this although there wasn't an option for it anyhow we most definitely need championship football with the bigger clubs that will fill the North stand leading to better atmospheres at games no disrespect although most games are won playing the likes of Gillingham on a Tuesday against playing say Forest is also a no brainer

I think we can be extremely proud of our run so far as a third division club beating 3 prem teams and the best team in the world. But not getting promoted could be very damaging to our club and current players. Getting through Southampton we would likely have to play a Man U, Chelsea or Tottenham in the semis and likely the final if we even get that far. Let's make sure the performances in the league are back to the level they were a month or two ago.

Then in the real world, we may not get either.

A long way to go yet, lets not get carried away!

wiganfanfrank - 23/2/2018 15:50

I think we can be extremely proud of our run so far as a third division club beating 3 prem teams and the best team in the world. But not getting promoted could be very damaging to our club and current players. Getting through Southampton we would likely have to play a Man U, Chelsea or Tottenham in the semis and likely the final if we even get that far. Let's make sure the performances in the league are back to the level they were a month or two ago.

corect

theres some on heer that need to step awey from the spliffs. that win last monday was grate but ill tell you what. when you look back at it we were bl00dy lucky. any other day they culd of stuck 5 past us and if we do beet southampton does anybody reely beleeve that we culd go all they wey. dreem on. and for what. just to sey hey look at little wigan and how far weve come. get f00kin reel peeple. the future lies in gettin to the champeonship not some poxy pipe dreem and telling tales of how grate it is to be in legue 1 cos its proper footy. the reel news is that if we dont get promoteon then we can kiss tara to are best pleyers. well have no income to keep up. and thenll itll be a slippery slope down to legue 2. id love to look at the faces of them that chucked all that awey for some idealistic long gone idea that footy is still al about jumpers on the red reck.

the fa cup will be back next year. and the next. and the next. wile well be pleying morcambe and grimsby and yeovil. you all talk about the future of are club lies in bringing the kids thru to watch us pley. wich kid in there rite mind wants to watch that sh1te every week. theyll want to come cos they want us back in the prem to see the grate pleyers of the world grace are pitch. theyll be of like a robbers dog.

give me strenth

To beat City followed by two from Utd, Chelsea or Tottenham is so unrealistic I'd certainly plump for that over promotion. But if we have a squad capable of lifting the cup a second time, it will get us promoted as well.

Brick, I don't think anyone is saying the league is less important than cup. I don't think anyone seriously believes we will win it. It is a simple question IF you had a choice of one or the other, which one would you pick. The league is the realistic one to pick, but which is going to give you the lifetime memories?

henski - 23/2/2018 16:16

Brick, I don't think anyone is saying the league is less important than cup. I don't think anyone seriously believes we will win it. It is a simple question IF you had a choice of one or the other, which one would you pick. The league is the realistic one to pick, but which is going to give you the lifetime memories?

fare point henski. but when you listen to some blokes talk about it over a beer or 3 to them its not IF. youve only got to reed what some have sed about sticking in legue 1 for 10 yeers and such to see they meen it.

the only IF i put on this is. IF fans and club beleeve that this is a posibility and chuck all the hard work weve done over the past seeson for the sake of a preceous pipe dreem then both fans and club are in for a rite royal disapointment.

IF you are now telling me that this is just a litle fantasy for us to pley out then mods shuld move this to off topic cos in reality its nowt to do wi footbal cos its just a bunch of old men rubbing there hands up and down there legs.

as fans we shuld be looking at the reel stuf going forwerd not taking an electric car to mars.

BrickLatic - 23/2/2018 16:13

the fa cup will be back next year. and the next. and the next. wile well be pleying morcambe and grimsby and yeovil. you all talk about the future of are club lies in bringing the kids thru to watch us pley. wich kid in there rite mind wants to watch that sh1te every week. theyll want to come cos they want us back in the prem to see the grate pleyers of the world grace are pitch.

Im with Brick, bang on the button that mi owd mucker!

I would take promotion and an honourable defeat in the semis. As above, long term it's probably more important we go up.

As a club we need to get promoted. We dont need to win the FA Cup again.

Question posed is which one, so its League over Cup this time for me and Rochdale, Bristol Rovers and Blackburn more important than Southampton.