Promotion or Tories Out? | Page 6 | Vital Football

Promotion or Tories Out?

that was clearly not true anyway, people were actually relatively well off compared to now under blair. Apart from the little war thing haha the criticism they had back then was spending and investing too much.
Tories have always been about taking as much as they can off you til you are almost destitute, then offer you a fiver so you feel good
I think you find the fiver goes to the billionaires if you care to read the small print?

that was clearly not true anyway, people were actually relatively well off compared to now under blair. Apart from the little war thing haha the criticism they had back then was spending and investing too much.
Tories have always been about taking as much as they can off you til you are almost destitute, then offer you a fiver so you feel good
People in general were much better off then than they are now.

I remember reading the jobs pages of the Post when I left university. It was really thick. I remember how thin it suddenly got at the end of 2008, and it has never got anywhere near to where it was before.

You saw it most in schools. I went to school under John Major and we had leaking rooves and had to share spoons in cooking class. Then Labour came in when I was near the end of year 9, the roof didn't leak any more and we started having computers and the internet for the first time.

In my early years of teaching there was plenty of money about. You could have reasonable sized classes, a TA, you even had a bit of a budget. There were loads of government pots you could tap into for extra money to run an enrichment scheme, or an after school or holiday club, or get new resources.

I remember reading the jobs pages of the Post when I left university. It was really thick. I remember how thin it suddenly got at the end of 2008, and it has never got anywhere near to where it was before.

You saw it most in schools. I went to school under John Major and we had leaking rooves and had to share spoons in cooking class. Then Labour came in when I was near the end of year 9, the roof didn't leak any more and we started having computers and the internet for the first time.

In my early years of teaching there was plenty of money about. You could have reasonable sized classes, a TA, you even had a bit of a budget. There were loads of government pots you could tap into for extra money to run an enrichment scheme, or an after school or holiday club, or get new resources.

Part of that is down to Poly's pretending to be universities and chaps thinking they'd land a graduate job afterwards. That was never remotely plausible.

I'm all right Jack F@ck the rest!
One day you or a member of your family might just need some kind of support. The Tories are taking that safety net away. Bit by bit.
Anyone can become sick or disabled at anytime.
Please seriously think about voting.

Politics doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Why should I vote on something I know next to nothing about ?
I'll leave it to you "experts".
And as for the "I'm alright jack " bollocks.
I'm a painter and decorator living in a housing association house so hardly lording it up you cheeky **** !
I just don't do politics....? understand ?

It's a fucking football forum !
Nobody ever asks you to even read or comment on these very few and far between threads.

Please respect the fact that there are big things going on in the world now that these people (who are connected by their love of a football club) would like to talk about together.

Your interest and your consent is neither sought, nor necessary

Nobody ever asks you to even read or comment on these very few and far between threads.

Please respect the fact that there are big things going on in the world now that these people (who are connected by their love of a football club) would like to talk about together.

Your interest and your consent is neither sought, nor necessary
Actually maybe you're right Pope.
I'll stick to why I come on this forum and keep away from this shite that bores me to tears.

Last edited:

Think you might find that after 2008 most jobs gradually started to be advertised online ! There are more people employed now than there have ever been. I haven't reached retirement age, and I was brought up with no tv or telephone or car , never mind a mobile, computer etc. Healthcare has improved enormously over the years too. My mum died at the age of 42 because they couldn't do what is now a simple op on a heart valve. I do love it when people criticise the baby boomers. Of course we are old enough to remember what a mess previous labour governments made, and they were Labour governments (who I voted in !) not a marxist one. Communism is great in theory where everyone lives happily in an equal society . The reality is that everyone ends up equally poor. I believe no labour government has ever increased employment in recent years.

People talk about "austerity". Even during this period the tories have been spending more than they get in. Labour will simply bankrupt the nation with their cloud cuckooland economics. We will end up living in a nation of strikers too if they give more powers back to the Unions. Looks like the unions will start this next month too.

I'm all right Jack F@ck the rest!
One day you or a member of your family might just need some kind of support. The Tories are taking that safety net away. Bit by bit.
Anyone can become sick or disabled at anytime.
Please seriously think about voting.
If Orbs did decide to vote can he vote what he believes would best suit him or would you prefer him to vote how you want chap?

Politics doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Why should I vote on something I know next to nothing about ?
I'll leave it to you "experts".
And as for the "I'm alright jack " bollocks.
I'm a painter and decorator living in a housing association house so hardly lording it up you cheeky **** !
I just don't do politics....? understand ?

by not voting you totally do politics, apathy is just as much part of why things are shit.