Project Big Picture | Page 2 | Vital Football

Project Big Picture

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54560148

Just to emphasise the greedy bastards - the premier league ladies and gents.

Just fucking fund whats needed to keep football alive, particularly after rejecting a £250m package this week.

This is pure greed and I’d have thought sorting the EFL out financially would have given them a lot of clout and get people onside should there be any follow up to those initial ‘big picture’ discussions.

I saw a photo by Daniel Taylor today from an 80’s Forest programme, which shows Forest advertising Stuart Pearce’s side business as an electrician - what a better, more accessible world football was back then!

As much I’d love to see us in the premier league following 20 years of dismal disappointment as a fan, after watching that Man City Amazon documentary, I’m quite pleased we aren’t part of this ‘Hollywood’ celebrity, agent run money fest, where the football is secondary.

I like that half the players live down the road from me and I see them out and about. I want the mainstand done up.... but then another part of me likes that throwback to a normal game, played and watched by normal people.

It’s too far gone to get better and these proposals are only the beginning, but it’s a sad state of affairs that representing your club and being idolised by fans and being the best are just secondary - I almost regret I wasn’t born into an era of normality football wise... Forest winning would have been quite good to see too 🙄

interesting today on talksport they said that the project big picture was version 18!!!

The way the PL evolves has been the subject of discussion for a good number of Years now; probably since the League was initially formed if truth be told.

Dont be fooled by any version number being quoted because a lot of this has been discussed in private with a few salient points being released to friendly Journalists.

Do not think that Thursday reversal is the end of the matter, because that could not be further from the truth.

The Power Grab may be over but the main issue of reducing the League from 20 to 18 is very much alive.

Richard Masters has acknowledged as much, so too Greg Clarke, both of whom withdrew their initial support because of what they described as “the principal aim of these discussions became the concentration of power and wealth in the hands of a few clubs with a breakaway league mooted as a threat.”

Someone has to come up with an innovative way of convincing the other 14 Clubs that 2 of them are going to leave the party.

And do not think that the events of Thursday has weakened the hand of the top 6, because they still hold all of the aces.

Change will come and it will all be in place for the start of the 24/25 season; it is just a case of if a consensus can be reached or the top 6 up sticks and invite a number of other Clubs to form a new league, and that kind of nuclear option will certainly focus peoples minds.

Last edited: