Project Big Picture | Page 4 | Vital Football

Project Big Picture

It’s been 2 days but you can already see the divide happening. Some club chairman are dazzled by the flashing pound signs whilst others are taking a more objective view recognising the cost of this.

Having considered it I think ceding power to a few clubs in this way is a bad thing. It goes against the fundamentals of the sport. Clearly there is a need for reform, but not to give them such power, it’s too steep a price. I think the big picture of project big picture is what club owners need to start looking at. Sadly, as was the aim with this bribe, the prospect of seeing a few million for a few years until that tap is turned off is what the greater number of efl clubs will support. Seems there is little prospect of this being ratified by the PL so it will be interesting to see what happens next.

A 250 million quid bribe being offered straightaway followed by 25% of TV revenue in the future.
Sounds ok if that is divided equally between all the clubs in the EFL. But will we see Rochdale and Burton getting the same as Derby or Forest. Doubt it but we should.

A 250 million quid bribe being offered straightaway followed by 25% of TV revenue in the future.
Sounds ok if that is divided equally between all the clubs in the EFL. But will we see Rochdale and Burton getting the same as Derby or Forest. Doubt it but we should.

Sorry Jeff but it definitely doesn't 'sound ok'....regardless how it's divided its a bribe, a bribe to feather the nests of the already well feathered nest of the big prem teams....a la Utd, LPool, City, Chelsea etc......if it gets the green light then imo it's the death of football as we know it which imo ain't such a bad thing as the greed league bungs & the gravy train trough that they all feed from will dry up which may in turn bring football back to grass roots & us supporters.....the full circle eh!!!!

The fact that Spurs and Liverpool are attempting to claim full offset of the cost of recent stadium builds / upgrades as part of this package says all that you need to know about who the immediate and forever beneficiaries of this will be.
Unfortunately the vast majority of EFL clubs will support as a short term life jacket.
The top 6 and "special exemption" clubs who have been in Europe recently (shouldn't we qualify here ?) will be all for it. The rest of the greed league will vote against - it will drag on for months by which time numerous EFL clubs will be in admin or gone.
Feck the EPL and the EFL

They have all ready ruined the fa cup. And the league cup. With there greed They will let clubs go. And it will be fixtures like Wigan v Liverpool b team. Played at Tranmere Its no wonder some fans are turning to non league football.

There is a good article in the sports pages of the eye I this morning (put those stars and suns down) and read it, putting forward an alternative to the big picture. Very interesting and full of common sense.

There is a good article in the sports pages of the eye I this morning (put those stars and suns down) and read it, putting forward an alternative to the big picture. Very interesting and full of common sense.

sports pages of the eye

What does that mean ?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...upport-from-efl-clubs-for-project-big-picture

Unnamed PL owner:
"We are 100 per cent against the plans [...]
if there was a vote now I would be surprised if more than six supported it";

All 20 Premier League clubs to have a virtual meeting to discuss proposals at 11am

The EFL has confirmed the majority of its clubs support Project Big Picture plans following meetings with chairman Rick Parry.

Rick Parry will be the 'Kiss of Death' for EFL Clubs.
Taking the 'Thirty pieces of silver' from PL.

Like ZAKKY said: Wigan v Liverpool b team.
Played at Tranmere.

Parry can shove it,
i'd sooner watch non-league football.

Do read Kieran Maguire's (Price of Football podcast) tweets - link below.
£250m is not a gift - it is an advance against the 25%

By reducing to 18 PL clubs the remaining 18 gets a bigger share. And who can say they wouldn't make it a close shop with no relegation in the PL.
PL clubs will be able to sell international rights to 8 games which will mean less TV money to distribute amongst EFL.
EFL Clubs should look at the bigger picture - not look at short term gains.
EFL clubs should lobby the govt as Rick Parry will not do it. The govt should only aid EFL clubs in need & not all of them eg Derby, SW, Reading who sold their stadiums for a ransom. If the govt can waste £11bn on Track & Trace surely they can gift the EFL £250m.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...upport-from-efl-clubs-for-project-big-picture

Unnamed PL owner:
"We are 100 per cent against the plans [...]
if there was a vote now I would be surprised if more than six supported it";

All 20 Premier League clubs to have a virtual meeting to discuss proposals at 11am

The EFL has confirmed the majority of its clubs support Project Big Picture plans following meetings with chairman Rick Parry.

Rick Parry will be the 'Kiss of Death' for EFL Clubs.
Taking the 'Thirty pieces of silver' from PL.

Like ZAKKY said: Wigan v Liverpool b team.
Played at Tranmere.

Parry can shove it,
i'd sooner watch non-league football.

it’s been kicked out today after a vote by all 20 members of the PL - GOOD !

So this is dead in the water.

Apparently all 20PL clubs rejected it. Seems odd given two of them proposed it but hey ho. Surely Parry must go now. Utterly humiliated and can’t be trusted in the slightest.

L1 and 2 clubs get grants and interest free loans. Personally I’d have made it conditional on Parry going. Championship clubs getting nothing so far, but Parry has offered assurances he won’t allow any of them to enter admin. Did Jack shit to prevent us from doing so however.

There was a lot of new things about flooding the lower leagues with loan players from the big clubs and incentivising clubs to use them. They want to remove restrictions on the number of loans you can currently take and allow teams to have squads full of borrowed players that can rotate in and out on a monthly basis if required.

The proposal is to effectively remove competition for young players so they all end up at the top 6, push teams to use loans rather than sign players themselves and make L1 and L2 into the U23 sides for the top 6. There is nothing wrong with loan players but this is making a mockery

It's effectively making the lower leagues into a new version of the EFL cup. The proposal is to be kept alive to act as the pets or baby sitters for the top 6. Football in this country is in need of radical change, but this is the exact opposite of what needs to happen. Football has lost it's soul and become a monopoly, this is the equivelent of selling of any reminents of what little soul is left and ensuring the monopoly is cemented forever.

More of an oligopoly, really