Progress | Vital Football

Progress

Jordan_Bulgaria

Vital Reserves Team
I suggest in this thread to comment our progress, the lack of such, the game tactics, our position in the table, the upcoming program of matches, problems and positives in the team and other general things.

So, overall, I'm pleased with our performance in the first three games, which were in an upward trend.

The result and performance of the first game were disappointing, with the loss in my view being the result of both goalkeeper errors. He is too young and lacks experience, but I fully agree with Pope that his development should not be at the expense of Nottingham Forest's interests.

The result of the second game against Leeds is very good. Unfortunately for me, I think Leeds will be among the main contenders for direct promotion and many teams will lose at their stadium. The football was not very good, but the players showed a strong character not to lose.

The third match against Birmingham was very good both in terms of score and clean sheet and in quality of play.

In conclusion:
- Against West Brom - a disappointing result and not a good performance.
- Against Leeds - good result and not so good performance, but in my opinion better than West Brom.
- Against Birmingham - excellent result and excellent performance.

Also positive is that we have already scored 5 goals.

I hope for the first victory away tonight.

Last edited:
Agreed JB, some encouraging signs and I think we will improve steadily over the course of the season. Not sure we have the necessary quality to secure a top 2 spot but with a bit of long overdue luck with injuries and perhaps a shrewd acquisition or two in the Jan transfer window, I see no reason why we can’t give the top 6 a nudge.

Jury is out for me until at least another dozen games, there are some promising signs though. We look as if we'll play a little like a Jose side, nullify the opposition as our first priority and play football when we've built a platform. To that end it's been fairly impressive how organised we've been given the short time he's had with the squad and the player churn.

Not a ridiculous strategy by any means even if not particularly pleasing on the eye.

Didn't see the Birmingham game, but I think we have put in four pretty decent performances this season. Thought we matched West Brom (except for the GK errors), and put in a decent defensive display against Leeds. SL seems to have us well organised at the back, and we get the ball forward quicker. Early days, but SL and the team look quite promising so far.

I judge better after the typical 10 league games...at the moment on the fence, but more towards the positive side of things... let's wait for the international break...

Jury is out for me until at least another dozen games, there are some promising signs though. We look as if we'll play a little like a Jose side, nullify the opposition as our first priority and play football when we've built a platform. To that end it's been fairly impressive how organised we've been given the short time he's had with the squad and the player churn.

Not a ridiculous strategy by any means even if not particularly pleasing on the eye.

The football and chances created were very pleasing on the eye on Saturday.

The way we controlled most of the game against Brum was very pleasing, we never looked in danger and created plenty of good chances. Still very early hopefully can build on the last 2 league games and get a positive result against Charlton, need to drastically improve our away point tally if we are to be looking at the play offs.

Well well well the fickle gang are already turning back to being positive

I’ve had less flip flopping flip flops

I thought before the season we’d be inconsistent and end up about 8th and I still do.

It’s great to see the return of the sexy East Midlands tika taka we had under Karanka.

Grabban is hopefully running into form, I’m starting to like Cash at RB and Worrall is growing into his role.

Very early days though - anything could happen.