Progress report | Vital Football

Progress report

LGC

Vital Reserves Team
As the schools go back and 2/3 of the season has gone I thought that I'd give my thoughts on the season so far. Marks from me 8/10 and "Well done for the hard work".
JG has used his Loan signings very well and has chosen well and much will depend on his success or failure in this as to whether or not we make the play off places.*
The support has been magnificent translating into excellent gates. I don't know what the Club's fixed costs are or if the Directors are investing in the business or removing Loans but we should be able to fund a full time squad with players on at least 2 year contracts.
Notts County are averaging 5227 whilst we come a credible second with an average of 4219. Surely enough to move to a full time team.
I missed the October home game that I was coming up to, lines closed on the Euston/ Manchester line but having won 2 free tickets in the SCF Lottery I can make it up in the next few months.
*I see that Walker and Rodney are returning to their clubs.
I trust in Jim

Last edited:
At the beginning of the season if I had been told at new Year we would be just outside the play-offs I would have been delighted.

So an 8 out of 10 for me.

The negative is losing our influential loan players ... in fact JG needing to rely on medium-term loan deals to build a team that can compete.

The attendances are super. I view the club as a natural bottom half of League One size entity... but with a huge surrounding population, one of those clubs that should be able to grow greatly given investment.

Aaaah investment..... still the sounds out of Edgeley Park are that a take over deal is almost over the line.

Select Property and Mike Stott.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance...om-the-property-business-with-nine-lives.html

I could imagine land around EP being turned into student accommodation for a much enlarged Stockport Colledge. And as part of the deal a refreshed, updated Edgeley Park, home to an upwardly mobile Football League club that is rooted in the community.

Some wishful thinking of course but why would a Stockport born property magnate buy into EP. Not to build houses on the site of EP I hope.

We may not have long to wait until we find out if the rumours are correct.

(Notes to any new owner: please keep the manager and please upgrade the food and drink offering at the ground!)

Latest County News