Profit and Sustainability | Vital Football

Profit and Sustainability

mao tse tung

Vital Champions League
It looks like the current set of rules are heading for the bin:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...play-rules-to-be-ripped-up-after-covid-crisis

The current rules, while far from perfect, have worked reasonably well; the new proposals, which are rumoured to include wage and transfer fee restrictions, look like a crock of shite.

The first thing that will happen with an imposed wage restriction, will be an Agent led trip to see m'learned friend, with complaints regarding restraint of trade.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...play-rules-to-be-ripped-up-after-covid-crisis

The current rules, while far from perfect, have worked reasonably well; the new proposals, which are rumoured to include wage and transfer fee restrictions, look like a crock of shite.

The first thing that will happen with an imposed wage restriction, will be an Agent led trip to see m'learned friend, with complaints regarding restraint of trade.

Not sure if they would get the same hearing in the current climate but yea im sure an army of crack lawyers is getting warmed up.

I read recently that L1 and 2 were scrapping their wage restrictions? Most fans were delighted; Ipswich and Sunderland are massively restricted to the budgets of the likes of Shrewsbury and can't use their natural advantages of higher gates; which seems pretty unfair to be honest.

I read recently that L1 and 2 were scrapping their wage restrictions? Most fans were delighted; Ipswich and Sunderland are massively restricted to the budgets of the likes of Shrewsbury and can't use their natural advantages of higher gates; which seems pretty unfair to be honest.

Yes, that is another major draw back.

I read that even at that level the Agents had the EFL shitting themselves at the though of Court action

Seems lacking in any substance to make a decision on them at the moment.

Seems lacking in any substance to make a decision on them at the moment.

It looks like they are flying a kite to me; up goes the idea and now they sit back and wait to see what the Agents shopping list looks like.

I'm guessing it will be pretty unpalatable.

Then there is the built in dividing line in the current rules which ensures the gap between the PL and the rest.

The PL Clubs will want to ensure that gap remains when the decision making gets down the food chain; spending big on wages and fees is a good way of keeping that gap.

It looks like they are flying a kite to me; up goes the idea and now they sit back and wait to see what the Agents shopping list looks like.

I'm guessing it will be pretty unpalatable.

Then there is the built in dividing line in the current rules which ensures the gap between the PL and the rest.

The PL Clubs will want to ensure that gap remains when the decision making gets down the food chain; spending big on wages and fees is a good way of keeping that gap.

It is almost exclusively the mechanism of maintaining that competitive advantage gap!