Probably the Club should follow Shrewsbury's rule too.... | Vital Football

Probably the Club should follow Shrewsbury's rule too....

It's a good job we don't follow their rule. Half our fans would be on bans :eek!:.
Have they no compassion? This is probably Shrewsbury's best season for years. I'm not surprised a few have got carried away.
Fair enough ban random invaders but not fans who get carried away in the heat of the moment.

I notice the crowds on the pitch surrounding Dan Burn have been included in an official club video - 50 seconds in.
The crowds on the pitch at Doncaster Rovers and scenes highlighting blue flares ..................................... 2:33 onwards

Nice video

Euphoric celebrations, nowt wrong with that, there is no malice or threat of sinister behaviour so enjoy it for what it is.

Only 1 fan banned by look of that article, maybe he did something after he ran on the pitch like getting into it with a steward trying to get him off or a opposition player. Not many details yet.

But Shrews are a small club with a small budget and mass pitch invasions we see at so many clubs risk an incease in stewarding and policing costs and as we found out potential fines. They desperately want to avoid that due to their tight finances and they are a family club and dont want that type of behaviour to put off parents taking their kids. For us adults it's not scary but as discussed in the Donny thread the ensuing chaos can understandably be quite offputting for parents with young kids. The club may be just making an example of one fan with a harsh punishment to deter any other fans joining in - which i can see the logic in from their perspective. But if the lad only got carried away jumped on the pitch and immediately got off then 3 years is way over the top.

I'd like to know exactly what he did to know if the punishment is excessive or fits the crime.