Prince Charles - years ahead of most. | Vital Football

Prince Charles - years ahead of most.

HeathfieldRoad1874

Miserable Sod
I've just watched Countryfile, which was a special with Prince Charles.

I'm no Green Party activist, but as a country boy at heart, I do find his views far more mainstream today than say 20 years ago.

What's wrong with sustainability and ecological balance? What a lovely hour spent watching a great program.

Was he really so "batty" all those years ago?

Oh and we should be able to have a balance but when some people can't even be bothered to recycle, ie to put things in a different bin, I mean, how hard is that? Then what hope has the country, countryside and indeed the world?

I'm all for conservation, I really am BUT....

...why are we spending money on making sure newts can cross the road ok, whilst illegal immigration continues, the health service is pushed, the armed forces are without correct equipment.

Bollocks to global warming, bollocks to future generations. Our predecessors didn't really worry about it, so why should we?

Take your wishy washy environmentalist bullcrap and toddle off in my opinion!

Case proved then heathfield.

Bollox to future generations from the me me me generations.

I have to say I'm partly with Murph.
Global warming is bollocks.
However, I absolutely see the point in recycling things that are actually used.

Not about global warming, albeit the changes to patterns are hardly bollox, but even if you only break it down to a very simple fact, we can reuse the resources of the planet or we can run out. Or another way, we can re use or we can stick it all in land fill and fuck the future generations.

It is all well and good murph saying fuck future generations, will he think the same if and when he has kids and they have kids.

What sort of legacy are we leaving? We are all responsible for our time on this planet. Most, in my opinion, take no responsibility at all.

One day it could make a huge different to the ecology of the planet.

Meh, fuck it eh!?

Really is an awful ignorance.

Trekker - 10/3/2013 20:42

I have to say I'm partly with Murph.
Global warming is bollocks.
However, I absolutely see the point in recycling things that are actually used.

I thought we agreed to keep things quiet!

murph - 10/3/2013 20:32

I'm all for conservation, I really am BUT....

...why are we spending money on making sure newts can cross the road ok, whilst illegal immigration continues, the health service is pushed, the armed forces are without correct equipment.

Bollocks to global warming, bollocks to future generations. Our predecessors didn't really worry about it, so why should we?

Take your wishy washy environmentalist bullcrap and toddle off in my opinion!

This comment sums you up to a T

I'm not talking about global warming. I'm talking about feeding all of us into the future, and that needs the wildlife around us to be in a balanced state as well.

My Dad ran a Farm near Lichfield, and he refused to plough up all the hedges. It turns out, that's a good thing!! Yes, crop yields are down because of the lost acreage, but in the long term the hedges stop the erosion of the top soils.

Nature is a fine balance of many variables. Messing about without taking these into account is just asking for trouble.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/businessandecology/recycling/8614764/Recycling-dumped-in-landfill.html

Sort your recyclable stuff out all you want, a lot of it still ends up in landfill!
(its an old link but I doubt much has changed)

I have never been sure on global warming how much of it is a just new a new hip term to scare the masses or how much is true. Nature has always been for ever changing in the history of the world. They called in the ice age back then for 1 example.

However we are not here about that so my point on recycling is it should be done: We recycle as much as we can and grow what we can in our garden too.

Recycling is important from you plastics, cardboard, batteries etc. to your bigger stuff like clothes and furniture to the charity/community shops imho

This is a very strange feeling for me; being on the same side of an argument as HR1874....I think I'll have to have a lie-down to recover from the shock.
Seriously, if we do not care for our planet, it will not care for us nor our posterity.
It may be because I'm a baby-boomer (strange term for us old-timers, eh?) but I am instinctively of a frugal nature. I was brought up in a time of scarcity and squirm at the levels of waste I see around me all the time.
"Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without".

all we need to do is find a way of stopping Pigs and Cows burping and Farting and the planet is as good as saved . :2:

BBJ - 10/3/2013 21:34

This is a very strange feeling for me; being on the same side of an argument as HR1874....I think I'll have to have a lie-down to recover from the shock.
Seriously, if we do not care for our planet, it will not care for us nor our posterity.
It may be because I'm a baby-boomer (strange term for us old-timers, eh?) but I am instinctively of a frugal nature. I was brought up in a time of scarcity and squirm at the levels of waste I see around me all the time.
"Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without".

LOL me too. I had never thought of that. Yeah I am also a baby boomer of the 60's too

Sherlocks point is what I'm refering to

I do believe its absolutely right to recycle but there is so much sanctimonious bullshit spouted it annoys me.
I work in an industry where my product is 95% recycled and reused ( lead acid batteries) but it takes large amounts of energy and water to make them. And where does electricity come from (in any meaningful amount) fossil fuels or nuclear.
With the exception of some large scale hydro electric plants, renewable sources simply can't produce what we need.

Yes but everything annoys you trekker :2:

Was it today's country file heathfield? Just got one off iplayer catch up but nowt on Charlie.

A lot of the common sense from days gone by has been thrown away which is a shame. Mass farming is creating nutrient low soil and hence what we eat hasn't the vitamins and minerals needed.

We eat so much muck added to what used to be good food, etc etc.

Then you get to the supermarkets and the selection of only the perfect LOOKING as opposed to tasting food. Etc etc.

Just a bit of common sense and things could improve but common sense doesn't get used any more, people are too lazy and too blinkered and probably just too comfortable.

You do start to wonder though when you see what big industries have got away with world world, what is thrown in the seas and rivers etc etc.

Mostly sanctimonious bullshit though !!
:17:

Must admit and I think deano would agree, the food in South Africa when we went a couple of years back was so much nicer because it was farmed the 'old' way, fresh and not pumped full of chemicals.

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/spend-save/green-taxes-are-adding-2bn-to-our-energy-bills-8099967.html

if i did have a load of money i would become self sufficient energy wise, well in the garden, solar panels on the roof and wood burner etc ...

but until that day i cannot see the reason behind the green taxes, you can heat water through many ideas for half the costs, in newcastle and stoke they pump water in the earth so when it comes back up its heated, what about all the energy we waste via going for a shit? plus all the shit from animals!! my great uncle used to pump water through horse dung, it heats up and provides electric (not rocket science)

worst thing out for fuel .... the farmers get paid by the flipping e.u not to grow on their land, why take the money when they can make more by growing sugar beet which gets turned into diesel!!

For once I can say badge has talked a lot if shit without actually being rude to you!

The Fear - 10/3/2013 22:57

For once I can say badge has talked a lot if shit without actually being rude to you!

im never rude .... just direct and subtle as a house brick :17: :14: