Prince Andrew, the Royals and the media | Page 5 | Vital Football

Prince Andrew, the Royals and the media

Now I Lancs come from it at an entirely different angle. I'm a republican by inclination but just stopped taking any notice of the royals a good while ago. I have never had an issue with the present incumbent, who has carried out her side of the bargain diligently. The hangers on, minors and psycophants used to get up my nose but less so with the passing years. Enter Meghan as partner of someone, who is never going to come to the throne, and all the vile creeping nonsense of monarchy and establishment began their machinations.

They had it in for her and Harry from the off, they watched as their press lackeys used race, nationality and snobbery to do their dirty work. The firm is terrified of what happens when the queen goes, worried that an ageing Charles will not have the charisma to keep the ship afloat long enough for the next generation. Then thereis William, a dull and unexceptional man with a wife glamouirous by royal standards. Heaven forbid that once popular Harry and his wife might outshine them.

It's pathetic anbd revolting at the same time and they have revived my republicanism. We don't need them, their influence is malign and I am not a subject. Good luck to the multi millionaires in California they are at least trying to live a life. The rest can get off my back.
Wonderful. Just what I wanted to say but am not articulate enough to encapsulate the issues so eloquently.

Bloody hell !!! I thought Wayne had been allowed back for a minute as his face was at the top of thread .....

My own opinion .... don’t give a flying fudge about the Royal family .... so detached and privileged and out of step with normal people .... worse for me are the BBC sycophants Nicholas Witchell and Jenny Bond .... what a pair of nob heads !

Who would want to be a Royal though. A life of luxury but a life with limited privacy.

I thought William and Harry would help the Royals engage with the modern world and perhaps they do, Parents divorced and fallen out siblings.

I don't really care about the Royals. I will admit they are a good tourist attraction and in that sense are good for UK plc but I struggle with the "hangers on". Andrew can no longer be used to promote British values as he's tarnished by that interview for ever.

A slimmed down Royal family would be the way forward.

As for Harry and Meghan I wish them every happiness away from the public eye and then they thrust themselves right back into the public eye again by choice. That doesn't really stack up does it.

Who would want to be a Royal though. A life of luxury but a life with limited privacy.

I think that is the point with Harry. It was rumoured that his two previous long term girlfriends (Chelsy and Cressida) would not consider marrying him due to the loss of privacy.

Unfortunately for him, the one that he thought was willing to accept the publicity that comes with royal duties, actually wanted a different type of publicity.

Who could have guessed that would happen with an American actress?

"Who would want to be a Royal though. A life of luxury but a life with limited privacy"

Royal Box at Priestfield would be nice. Then you could do a Prince Hal and chill in disguise down the Rainham End in the second half. They'd all know it was you, but they'd play along. Plus the ability to stop the game to knight players on the field of battle after a good tackle or some such when we're under the cosh would be a great help to Mr. Evans.

Plus the ability to stop the game to knight players on the field of battle after a good tackle or some such when we're under the cosh would be a great help to Mr. Evans.

But what if someone scored an own goal or gave away a penalty?

Would it be "Orf with their head" ?

can you see it?
Presidential Committee. First Ministers. Telegraph Op Eds. Guardian Op Ed’s. Gills MB monster threads. Let’s stick with the Royal drips.

It's a knife edge between two imperfects and I take your point. This particular drip needs to get over his own weakness and make up with his brother.

Molly Sugdens bridesmaid sums up Harry and Megan.
Living off the back of the Royal tag.
They leave his family and home to live outside of the public glare ?
Do me favour. 😂😂

He couldn't live outside the public glare if he wanted to and in the language of the playground, they started it. It's absurd to apply any of this to the vast and rambling royal family anyway because they are a stage managed soap opera. Try thinking of all the utterly ridiculous and cringeworthy things the press gushingly asks us to believe. Charles and Anne the international class sportspersons, Charles the dashing and desireable bachelor, Philip the jolly cove with a twinkling eye and bad luck with cars and repeated gaffes, Prince Andrew weirdly unmentioned after his latest in a long run of horrors.

Harry & Meghan are no better or worse than the rest of them, just another pair of celebrities by appointment and with no purpose. William fell out with his brother and has been too weak to call a halt. That's sad personally but he's turned it into a shitshow and pulled out all the stops. Mention of Diana makes me retch for all the hypocrisy and genuine malice that surrounded her life but this is possibly the worst outcome she might have imagined. Remember her? The upper class dope with zero life experience taken as second choice after her sister as the white, protestant, untouched virgin to be the bride of the reluctant but compliant Charles. They sold that one to us as the romance of the century and he couldn't even pull a smile on the big day. They knew it was a lie, they knew all about Camilla but vitriol was poured on those of us who baulked at the time. We were killjoys and unpatriotic.

He couldn't live outside the public glare if he wanted to and in the language of the playground, they started it. It's absurd to apply any of this to the vast and rambling royal family anyway because they are a stage managed soap opera. Try thinking of all the utterly ridiculous and cringeworthy things the press gushingly asks us to believe. Charles and Anne the international class sportspersons, Charles the dashing and desireable bachelor, Philip the jolly cove with a twinkling eye and bad luck with cars and repeated gaffes, Prince Andrew weirdly unmentioned after his latest in a long run of horrors.

Harry & Meghan are no better or worse than the rest of them, just another pair of celebrities by appointment and with no purpose. William fell out with his brother and has been too weak to call a halt. That's sad personally but he's turned it into a shitshow and pulled out all the stops. Mention of Diana makes me retch for all the hypocrisy and genuine malice that surrounded her life but this is possibly the worst outcome she might have imagined. Remember her? The upper class dope with zero life experience taken as second choice after her sister as the white, protestant, untouched virgin to be the bride of the reluctant but compliant Charles. They sold that one to us as the romance of the century and he couldn't even pull a smile on the big day. They knew it was a lie, they knew all about Camilla but vitriol was poured on those of us who baulked at the time. We were killjoys and unpatriotic.

WOW !

Post #75 you say you have nearly no opinion.
Post #91 you say all that ! :lol:

I'm loving this. Can you do a series please?

When my dad was on HMS Minerva with Prince Charles they were doing exercise in the channel before sailing to the West Indies. This was early 1972. They moored by the dutch coast and went onshore to visit Amsterdam so Charles could go and get laid. Happy Days!!!

Irrelevant of monarchy this is a normal case in just human terms.

a person sows discord and splits with her own family and even takes members of said family to court. Throws her own father under bus so to speak. The persons Marriage also ends after just 2 years as irreconcilable.

Then person marries into another family and once again sows discord and further court cases ensue. Its all her hubbies families 'firm' fault - brother, father and grandparents.

no pattern here lol.

Bloody hell !!! I thought Wayne had been allowed back for a minute as his face was at the top of thread .....

My own opinion .... don’t give a flying fudge about the Royal family .... so detached and privileged and out of step with normal people .... worse for me are the BBC sycophants Nicholas Witchell and Jenny Bond .... what a pair of nob heads !

i also started from the first thread and thought wayne was back lol.

Irrelevant of monarchy this is a normal case in just human terms.
a person sows discord and splits with her own family and even takes members of said family to court. Throws her own father under bus so to speak. The persons Marriage also ends after just 2 years as irreconcilable.
Then person marries into another family and once again sows discord and further court cases ensue. Its all her hubbies families 'firm' fault - brother, father and grandparents.
no pattern here lol.

You are just perpetuating a falsehood there, as you are clearly a racist. :whist:

WOW !

Post #75 you say you have nearly no opinion.
Post #91 you say all that ! :lol:

Next to no opinion on Meghan Markle I said and that's the case. I know almost nothing about her and don't need to judge her character.

Next to no opinion on Meghan Markle I said and that's the case. I know almost nothing about her and don't need to judge her character.
Good one.
Judge not, lest ye be judged.
As I said previously, many people have taken a job that didn’t work out.