Prince Andrew, the Royals and the media | Page 4 | Vital Football

Prince Andrew, the Royals and the media

Look if u want the truth . then George Galloway on a Russian news channel is the first place u look

I have been viewing RT or as it was russia today, Al Jazeera, etc, for many many years and heard nothing but abuse towards the channels from the establishment and right wing. I was therefore surprised that with your views you quote from it lol.
Or is a Russian channel ok when something on there agrees with you or are you a Russian bot.

I just can`t take to Meghan Markle. I`ve heard or read nothing about Ms Markle during the past year that has changed my perception of her. Personally, rightly or wrongly, I see her as a gold digging, publicity seeking woman whose charm and good looks just happen to have netted her a kind, smitten, brave yet rather meek, prince.

However good an actor Meghan once was, or, perhaps, still is (!), why can`t I bring myself to like her ? To some, me included, it`s difficult to see beyond a woman with an imperious veneer and a sense of paranoia. I feel guilty for not liking her, but as a lay observer exposed to her public imagery, there just seems something fake about Meghan.

The press won`t leave her alone because her name sells newspapers and airtime so like her or loathe her, even though she`s thousands of miles away, Markle will be always be a nearby headline or voice.

That reminds me, must set the TV recorder for 9pm, ITV on Monday. Wouldn`t want to miss the Oprah Winfrey show !

Now I Lancs come from it at an entirely different angle. I'm a republican by inclination but just stopped taking any notice of the royals a good while ago. I have never had an issue with the present incumbent, who has carried out her side of the bargain diligently. The hangers on, minors and psycophants used to get up my nose but less so with the passing years. Enter Meghan as partner of someone, who is never going to come to the throne, and all the vile creeping nonsense of monarchy and establishment began their machinations.

They had it in for her and Harry from the off, they watched as their press lackeys used race, nationality and snobbery to do their dirty work. The firm is terrified of what happens when the queen goes, worried that an ageing Charles will not have the charisma to keep the ship afloat long enough for the next generation. Then thereis William, a dull and unexceptional man with a wife glamouirous by royal standards. Heaven forbid that once popular Harry and his wife might outshine them.

It's pathetic anbd revolting at the same time and they have revived my republicanism. We don't need them, their influence is malign and I am not a subject. Good luck to the multi millionaires in California they are at least trying to live a life. The rest can get off my back.

Now I Lancs come from it at an entirely different angle. I'm a republican by inclination but just stopped taking any notice of the royals a good while ago. I have never had an issue with the present incumbent, who has carried out her side of the bargain diligently. The hangers on, minors and psycophants used to get up my nose but less so with the passing years. Enter Meghan as partner of someone, who is never going to come to the throne, and all the vile creeping nonsense of monarchy and establishment began their machinations.

They had it in for her and Harry from the off, they watched as their press lackeys used race, nationality and snobbery to do their dirty work. The firm is terrified of what happens when the queen goes, worried that an ageing Charles will not have the charisma to keep the ship afloat long enough for the next generation. Then thereis William, a dull and unexceptional man with a wife glamouirous by royal standards. Heaven forbid that once popular Harry and his wife might outshine them.

It's pathetic anbd revolting at the same time and they have revived my republicanism. We don't need them, their influence is malign and I am not a subject. Good luck to the multi millionaires in California they are at least trying to live a life. The rest can get off my back.

There's a decent case for winding it up after the Queen goes, until you start thinking well what else? A drippy president? I'd like a scaled down Scando royal family -that could remain the emotional repository of the Nation and the Armed forces and do the state occasions nicely without the to do.

I just can`t take to Meghan Markle. I`ve heard or read nothing about Ms Markle during the past year that has changed my perception of her. Personally, rightly or wrongly, I see her as a gold digging, publicity seeking woman whose charm and good looks just happen to have netted her a kind, smitten, brave yet rather meek, prince.

However good an actor Meghan once was, or, perhaps, still is (!), why can`t I bring myself to like her ? To some, me included, it`s difficult to see beyond a woman with an imperious veneer and a sense of paranoia. I feel guilty for not liking her, but as a lay observer exposed to her public imagery, there just seems something fake about Meghan.

The press won`t leave her alone because her name sells newspapers and airtime so like her or loathe her, even though she`s thousands of miles away, Markle will be always be a nearby headline or voice.

That reminds me, must set the TV recorder for 9pm, ITV on Monday. Wouldn`t want to miss the Oprah Winfrey show !

Mate! You love her. Face it. There's no way forward until you do.

I’m very grateful that the U.K. has a USP like the Queen and the monarchy in general.
It brings in literally billions a year.
It’s the envy of all republics.

What is a shame about this Megan fiasco is that Harry has gone from the most popular member of the royal family to one of the least, at the stroke of a signature on his marriage certificate.
Many people have applied for and taken a job that wasn’t what they thought it would be.
That’s Megan Markle’s situation.
It’s right that they move on if they are unhappy in their situation but it strikes me that they are in what is known as Bianca Gasgoine syndrome.
That is, they reject the job but want to keep the name and benefits that go with the name.

I caught a glimpse of a (fake or spoof, I think) news headline on line that read....

"American actress who fled UK in search of privacy announces pregnancy to 7.69 billion people"

That sums the whole thing up for me. If you want "out" of the circus, you can't just dip back in whenever you want and expect everyone to welcome you with open arms.

The Royal Family might well be an institution spread a little (or a lot) too wide for the liking of many, especially when it comes to public money. But I doubt that the Monarchy is in any danger of becoming extinct any time soon. If we`re laying cards then I would support continuation of all things Royal Family, as it assists UK PLC, but would like to see the number of "royal" recipients of public money cut right down to the bare minimum

But, back to the Palace, I doubt any of us are close enough to the Royal Family to know whether or to what extent they ushered or stood-by as the "dirty work" was carried out by their press lackeys.

My feelings and my perception have nothing whatsoever to do with race, nationality or snobbery. So any dirty work by press lackeys would have fallen on deaf ears as far as i`m concerned. Markle`s a high profile person who I can`t take to, and who I feel is fake. Doubtless, others may have independently arrived at the same perception, without conscious or unconscious persuasion from the media.

I might still watch Oprah, though.

The Royal Family might well be an institution spread a little (or a lot) too wide for the liking of many, especially when it comes to public money. But I doubt that the Monarchy is in any danger of becoming extinct any time soon. If we`re laying cards then I would support continuation of all things Royal Family, as it assists UK PLC, but would like to see the number of "royal" recipients of public money cut right down to the bare minimum

But, back to the Palace, I doubt any of us are close enough to the Royal Family to know whether or to what extent they ushered or stood-by as the "dirty work" was carried out by their press lackeys.

My feelings and my perception have nothing whatsoever to do with race, nationality or snobbery. So any dirty work by press lackeys would have fallen on deaf ears as far as i`m concerned. Markle`s a high profile person who I can`t take to, and who I feel is fake. Doubtless, others may have independently arrived at the same perception, without conscious or unconscious persuasion from the media.

I might still watch Oprah, though.

Absolutely no suggestion from me about your motives Lancs and I certainly wasn't referencing you in my irritation. We can all take to or against people without having to justify it to anyone else. I have as near to no opinion on MM asd is possible but the institution has become increasingly pernicious in my view.

There's a decent case for winding it up after the Queen goes, until you start thinking well what else? A drippy president? I'd like a scaled down Scando royal family -that could remain the emotional repository of the Nation and the Armed forces and do the state occasions nicely without the to do.

William is a proper drip, that's the problem with heredity.

I can understand given Harry's upbringing and what he went through and watching his mum suffer from the media circus that he doesn't want the same to happen to his family.

The problem is that I think many have a cynical view of Megan from the off and saw an almost instant change to Harry when she arrived on the scene. As has already been said, don't think many have a problem Sith them opting out if public life and moving off to live in the 'quite' life..... but if you say that's what you want and then go on James Cordon and Oprah in the space of a fortnight? Have your cake and eat it springs to mind.

Based on what?

From the few things I've seen or heard him on over the last couple of years (the mental health charity programme he did with some high profile sportsman and when he was on the Peter crouch podcast) he was quite amusing and seemed 'normal'. In an official capacity maybe you're right.

Based on what?

From the few things I've seen or heard him on over the last couple of years (the mental health charity programme he did with some high profile sportsman and when he was on the Peter crouch podcast) he was quite amusing and seemed 'normal'. In an official capacity maybe you're right.

They all do good work and drips can be decent people but a drip he is.

I have a feeling that the clip they have showed this morning may blow up in Meghan's face.

Until now, she and Harry have been able to cite the big bad UK press as the target for their ire, but it is clear that she is going to have her guns trained on the whole royal family or "firm" as she calls it, accusing them of collaborating in "falsehoods".

It was pretty obvious that Harry's pair has been gradually shrinking, from the "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets" comment, even when she resorts to bullying, to his acceptance of the critical inaccuracies in the Crown, which portrays his own father in such a bad light, just because they have cut a Netflix deal. I suspect he will be squirming if MM goes fully rogue on Oprah.

Hard to see how she could ever accompany Harry back to the UK for his scheduled visits this year, in any case.

My prediction is that she will be praised in the US so it will be mission accomplished for her, even though the UK public will dislike her even more, which she probably doesn't care about.

Sadly, I do not see her still being with the ginger whinger long term.

Absolutely no suggestion from me about your motives Lancs and I certainly wasn't referencing you in my irritation. We can all take to or against people without having to justify it to anyone else. I have as near to no opinion on MM asd is possible but the institution has become increasingly pernicious in my view.

I didn`t think for a minute that you were, Jogills. Royal Family understandably splits public opinion.

can you see it?
Presidential Committee. First Ministers. Telegraph Op Eds. Guardian Op Ed’s. Gills MB monster threads. Let’s stick with the Royal drips.