Pride of Priestfield | Vital Football

Pride of Priestfield

vinney

Vital Reserves Team
This is a new fan site that has appeared on Facebook. They are looking to run coaches or minibuses to away games, especially from places that the club or GISC don't facilitate (i.e. Ashford, Canterbury etc). If you are interested you can go on their Facebook page to register your interest

It would be good for this kind of thing to get started and flourish. They should also maybe think of mini buses from those places to home games.

I was always impressed back in the day visiting clubs like Swindon, Oxford and others and seeing multiple coaches bringing home fans to their games from far reaches. Never happened at Gills to my knowledge.

Club tried for a short period in the 80s to bus in from Parkwood , Grain and Walderslade eefy . Not a lot of interest as they did not arrive until after the pubs closed and left dead on 5.

Club tried for a short period in the 80s to bus in from Parkwood , Grain and Walderslade eefy . Not a lot of interest as they did not arrive until after the pubs closed and left dead on 5.
That is perhaps the real problem with a bus for home games everyone has there own routine matchday afternoons. Unless a group of fans get together and sort a bus to suit themselves time wise it is hard to see it being that successful.

Wow! A bus from Grain

I lived out on the peninsula all my life and went all through the 80’s. Never knew they even tried or I’d have been interested.

Sounds like the advertising back then was as good as today 👍

You can always do it now where you run them at a loss but make sure the buses drop you off at the Factory/club shop 2 hours before kick off. Then you can leave promptly after the game.