Preston | Vital Football

Preston

Mistaram

Vital Youth Team
I watched the Norwich v Preston match on the red button last night Don't let the scoreline deceive you Preston battered them they are a very good side They stop you playing out from the back by leaving their three strikers high up at all times and they are very quick When your keeper has the ball they make it four so you can't pass to the full backs They are a team who look like they know what they are doing and in Pearson and Robinson two midfielders as good as any in the Championship expect a very hard game and our defensive frailties exposed ie Leeds

Preston are a decent side but if Carson passes the ball to Rich he can go on one of his runs past their strikers and then lay the ball off!

If we can win this match it should instil some confidence in the players and start us on a long unbeaten run! or am I talking daft? Here's hoping anyway.

If we can win this match it should instil some confidence in the players and start us on a long unbeaten run! or am I talking daft? Here's hoping anyway.

You’re not talking daft MoP...you haven’t said a word about Brexit. ;)

As far as Preston are concerned I don’t know anything about their strengths and weaknesses but that aside, I’d like to see us play a 4-2-3-1 formation with an unchanged back four playing behind Bryson and Mount with Jozefzoon, Lawrence and Bennett ahead of them and Marriott up top to start with probably replaced by Nugent or Waghorn for the last half hour.

Wonder if Wisdom could play the DCM role (seriously!) and if we need either more midfield creativity or bite then bring on Huddlestone (if fit) or Ledley/Johnson from the bench.

Last edited:
assuming davies is still out injured, a CH pairing of Wisdom and Tomori should ensure plenty of goals - for Preston - so I guess Keogh will start.

I still favour the 3 CH and wing backs, playing Huddlestone as the third CH / distributor as we play our from back?

thus

Carson

Bogle
Tomori
Huddkestone
Davies
Malone

Wilson
Mount
Lawrence

Marriott
Waghorn

But it aint going to happen, is it. Wisdom and Lowe on bench plus Bryson, Josefzoon, Bennett, Evans GK

I'd like to see Marriott and Waghorn in the starting line up, I think the two of them together up front would worry a few defenders in this league! Defence wise I think we are struggling, we need a tough gobby motivator, at the moment they all look frightened to death!

I like the look of that team you've put together Rog!

I'd like to see Marriott and Waghorn in the starting line up, I think the two of them together up front would worry a few defenders in this league! Defence wise I think we are struggling, we need a tough gobby motivator, at the moment they all look frightened to death!

I like the look of that team you've put together Rog!

Sorry, but at 64 I might just be on the verge of being too old ;

Latest Rams News