Preston | Page 9 | Vital Football

Preston

I bet Gibson and hugill thinking 'hang on I cane for 1st team football'

I think I'd replace Zimmermann for Gibson.

The thing is how long ago did Gibson play football?

Poor again overall. Looked bad at the back, passing and crossing poor, cantwell is v bad, xavi poor defending today. Pukki still missing good chances and looks slow. DF bringing hugill on in 89th minute?! And still look awful defending corners

Watched it on I follow on I pad so couldn’t post on here . We looked weak in midfield and the old defensive problems are still there . Yup .... drop Zimmerman for Gibson

Got to improve the dispersal of fans after the game. Outside the Community Stand there are numerous breaches of social distancing guidelines as fans queue to get through a choke point. The steward at the point where it comes round towards the River End then has the bright idea of moving the barrier so the flow of people becomes easier.

I expected us to lose the first few games so two draws is better than I feared.
Clearly there is much work to do before we become a championship winning team but I’m convinced we will make it.

Poor again overall. Looked bad at the back, passing and crossing poor, cantwell is v bad, xavi poor defending today. Pukki still missing good chances and looks slow. DF bringing hugill on in 89th minute?! And still look awful defending corners
He was going to throw hugill on we scored DF tells hugill to sit down then about 5minutes later gets him on with 2 minutes?

Xavi looked poor defending I agree. McLean went missing when they attacked. We were wide open in the central midfield. I'm just not sure McLean is a good central midfield in a 2. Hernandez looked poor too.

Idah, Godfrey, Aarons looked decent.

Placheta good and bad.

I expected us to lose the first few games so two draws is better than I feared.
Clearly there is much work to do before we become a championship winning team but I’m convinced we will make it.
1 win 1 draw

Reactions: Rex
I agree Gibson ahead of Zimbo next week. Over all I'm happy with the point as frankly I thought we deserved to lose today. We looked good for a brief period after each goal but the rest of the game we were just lethargic and very poor in defence. We need to be much better to have any chance of a top half finish let alone challenge for anything !

McLean went missing when they attacked. We were wide open in the central midfield. I'm just not sure McLean is a good central midfield in a 2.

McLean is an attacking midfield player and hence is poor when played in one of the deep two central midfield roles. He came here is a player that plays on the edge of the opponents box. Given the attacking midfield players we have, he has to play deeper.

Sorenson and Skipp for me as the deep two central midfielders.

Was Argos his usual self of running at the opposition, then cutting inside onto his right foot?

Got to improve the dispersal of fans after the game. Outside the Community Stand there are numerous breaches of social distancing guidelines as fans queue to get through a choke point. The steward at the point where it comes round towards the River End then has the bright idea of moving the barrier so the flow of people becomes easier.
Yes BB. We were stuck in the bottleneck. Other than that it was relatively well organised except for not enough hawkers and not enough choice. Will definitely need kiosks open at one metre plus

McLean is an attacking midfield player and hence is poor when played in one of the deep two central midfield roles. He came here is a player that plays on the edge of the opponents box. Given the attacking midfield players we have, he has to play deeper.

Sorenson and Skipp for me as the deep two central midfielders.

Was Argos his usual self of running at the opposition, then cutting inside onto his right foot?
Some sloppy passing and a lack of urgency

Yes BB. We were stuck in the bottleneck. Other than that it was relatively well organised except for not enough hawkers and not enough choice. Will definitely need kiosks open at one metre plus

Hopefully they will learn from that. They dont need to put people at unnecessary risk.

What did you think of the atmosphere? I could hear the fans outside with my balcony door open.

Last edited: