Preston | Page 10 | Vital Football

Preston

By the team or certain individuals?
Mostly Kenny but I thought it was a lack lustre performance. After the second goal, they all showed more urgency. I think they preferred the set up when Idah came on. Pukki showed signs of his old self and I would start them both together.

Sounds like Dowell might be out for a bit.

DF said:

'We are worried but let us wait for the results of the scan. It was an unbelievably hard knock. We don’t have to speak about the foul. My worry is Kieran is out for a while. It was pretty swollen and all our fingers are cross but it is too early to say how long. If it is a hit or a bruise not so long. The foot, ankle area. A tough hit.” then out longer.

Stipermann has a knock at the moment and so does Emi.

On Emi he said:

It didn’t help us because we had already lost another creative player with Emi. We decided on Friday after the last session it was possible he can be in the squad, and he was named in the game-day squad, but overnight the bruise came out, it was very painful. We tried everything and we even had a final fitness test at Colney on Saturday morning but he couldn’t run or jump properly. There was no chance at all.'

So will Dowell be out long term? It looked like an ankle injury.
Will Emi be fit for Sunday?

These are the situations why we need a bigger squad because I can put money in the fact we will lose more players through injury.

Why do we hardly have any luck when it comes to injuries for players?

I'm happy to trim it of the players who are unwanted and costing us wage money like drmic, leitner and trybull. Also I'm not sure vrancic will stay around

But Trybull, Drimic and Leitner were not given shirt numbers and people were going on about how big the squad (with shirt numbers) was at that point

Maybe best to have quality over quantity ?

I could fill my wardrobe very quickly with a load of gear from Primark , but would I have a quality set of clothes ?

I am not saying having those 17 midfielders (on the official website) is a good idea but what I am saying is having cover in every position is vital. Having one left-back just seems silly as would one right back etc.

The Government had just announced that the planned return of fans from Oct 1st will now not go ahead . The lucky 1000 who went to the Preston game may be only ones to see NC live for a very long time

That takes us to late March ..... the season will be in its closing stages by then with none of us ( bar the lucky 1000) having watched us live all season

That takes us to late March ..... the season will be in its closing stages by then with none of us ( bar the lucky 1000) having watched us live all season
I would agree that the chance to increase spectators from the 1st of October has gone for now but there is no reason why 1000 cannot continue to attend under the same covid 19 secure rules as last Saturdays successful event showed.

That is very true and it was very safe.
However is it that important to do that when for example my daughters wedding has now been cancelled after 2 years of planning ?
It seems to be unfair to allow football attendance when many much smaller gatherings are banned.

That is very true and it was very safe.
However is it that important to do that when for example my daughters wedding has now been cancelled after 2 years of planning ?
It seems to be unfair to allow football attendance when many much smaller gatherings are banned.
Yes you are right DG but it is unfair that other events cannot go ahead once they are shown to be covid secure. Unfortunately, it is the smaller events that cannot afford the associated costs of securing a covid safe event.