Preston | Vital Football

Preston

dazza71

Alert Team
A stange game. We couldn't string two passes together with so many players underperforming but sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition. Three lads chasing down everything in our defensive third and everytime the ball went anywhere near Phillips, he had two players on him and physically, they were too strong for us.

The question was, could Preston keep up the level of intensity. We finished the half well and then dominated most of the second half and with better finishing would have won the game.

It did need a deflected goal to rescue a point in the final minute so I will take a point. Preston are a decent team so credit to them on their performances. The managed the game with a lot of game play but had that been us away from home, we would have lauded the performance and what we did.

The worry at the moment is, we have no real game changers in midfield when we are struggling. I certainly would do everything we can to keep Nketiah. We all know if he goes back to Arsenal, he will be loaned out to a championship and he will score a sackful of goals. The lad is quality.

We must get a win at Birmingham on Sunday. Not the most happy of hunting grounds over the years.

Passing was shocking and we seemed to be bottling the tackles ,but preston really upped their game , on the other hand we kept going and got the equaliser and I think it’s points won like that which will see us over the line and deliver us into the promised land,MOT

Its really weird, whenever we have the opportunity to cash in when other results have gone for us, it rarely ever happens. With Pablo out for at least a month its difficult to see who can step up with a bit of quality. Stamina wise we will out last any team in thr Championship but we need to deal with teams who play us at our own game, we definately have fast legs in the team, so with a couple of killer passes we should be able to nulify the threat. Personally I think if we come away from the Midlands with 2 draws we will have done well.

They pressed us tight deep in our own half which is why we struggled with the passing. As the game wore on we had chances and they created little else. As it turned out it wasn't much different from most of our games. Can we put away our chances ? Seems we're not expecting much from the next 2 games so 2 wins will be good. Think we can dominate Brum and lowly Wigan battered West Brom plus surely we've got to be better than we were there last year.