Press conference | Vital Football

Press conference

Walker announced end of last week keeping Coleman guessing as to our tactics, cannot help thinking O'Hara will appear at some point, maybe today ? UTI.

Walker announced end of last week keeping Coleman guessing as to our tactics, cannot help thinking O'Hara will appear at some point, maybe today ? UTI.
rotherham away would be a good game to bring some box-to-box height/power to the midfield - o'hara would certainly be welcome - to do a similar job as he did at mkdons.

and we also need some temporary cover at the back in case of more sickness/surprises at centre back. otherwise it is back to keeping fingers crossed for a couple of games.

I wonder whether O'Connor's fit? I saw him at Belton House yesterday afternoon and he didn't seem to be walking around very easily, but it could just be the way he walks or he had undergone a tough session in the morning.

keep playing o'connor, saturday + tuesday now for a few weeks, and we will soon find out if he is less than 100% fit.

Would O’hara get in the starting 11 given the rave reviews of Morrell, Payne, Grant, Anderson and O’Connor last week?
Very good point. The only one of those I would personally say didn't do as well as the others was Anderson, but obviously you wouldn't drop him to fit a DCM in.

Well Danny made it clear in the press conference that the playing budget has been spent and any players coming in will be on a free including free wages. Clearly we have pushed the boat out to sign the quality players we have and now we are relying on the reputation and persuasive powers of Danny and Nicky to get players in.

I trust Danny and Nicky implicitly when it comes to all things Lincoln City and I know whoever comes in will be an asset to the club. But Danny was adamant that as a club we will not be living beyond our means and he fully supports that for the long term growth and stability of the club.

I think I will buy a Euromillions ticket then maybe I can help you never know!

All I saw was reverse psychology at its finest .... Danny is a master of it.

Walker, Grant, Payne etc ... wouldn't have come cheap, far from it in fact. The training pitches (or lack of them at present) is more of a worry.

All I saw was reverse psychology at its finest .... Danny is a master of it.

Walker, Grant, Payne etc ... wouldn't have come cheap, far from it in fact. The training pitches (or lack of them at present) is more of a worry.

I guess your second paragraph might explain why it isn’t reverse psychology. They won’t have come cheap hence we’ve spent the budget. In reality there might be a bit left in the kitty but not enough to sign anyone worthwhile I guess.

So if the kitty’s been spent has a big outgoing fallen through or did we always expect to be skint at this stage and with this squad?

The training pitches though - yep worrying as was the black cloud hovering over Danny.

Well if you've got a playing budget might as well use it to get quality and we've done that.
I would expect some loan dealings though with players similar to Gordon last year ie youngsters on a small wage with their patent club covering most if not all

Thought the training pitches were all supposed to be sorted.

They are he was alluding to the fact that it caused disruption to pre season training and contributed to some of the injuries having to play elsewhere on surfaces that weren't wholly suitable

Must admit MOC worried me last week, it looked like he picked up a knock and then played through it, until he went off for Chapman. I think he is pivotal at the moment with all the injuries we have, if we can keep him fit we have a taller strong CM along with Frecklington being out.

At least Shackell is due to come back in for the league games after tomorrow, which worst case could release Bostwick into midfield if needed.