Press conference | Page 3 | Vital Football

Press conference

In a season where all three promoted clubs managed to avoid relegation with no more than a game or two between them in points you would expect people to comprehend that genius or class had very little if anything to do with our survival this year.

Tubby's getting cornered a wee bit,even the captains saying "Back the manager".
Next couple of weeks should define the future of our club for the next few years.
He's probably spewing over some hearth as we type & doesn't give a fuck or he decides to sell.
My bet's on the fireplace.

Ignoring Mitrovic and favouring two strikers who scored 4 goals between them wasn't very clever

Whilst I agree with you Mac, we didn't have the ability to see how training went to compound our views.

Going back in time, Mitro was shit basically. His introduction never met the performance. Ever.

If we got the player that Fulham have now performing the same miracles for us in the championship last season then I doubt Rafa would have loaned him out but id rather side with a bloke that has the CV he has than us that only see bit parts.

Tubby's getting cornered a wee bit,even the captains saying "Back the manager".
Next couple of weeks should define the future of our club for the next few years.
He's probably spewing over some hearth as we type & doesn't give a fuck or he decides to sell.
My bet's on the fireplace.
I see no problems for tubby Ry.

Woud'nt he have pocketed 120 odd million from Sky for this season ?

History showes he can give Benitez what looks like a decent wedge for next season then sweet FA for the following three in which Rafa will spend his time bleating to the press about lack of transfer funds whilst waiting for the five year contract he signed in 2018 to expire.

A win win for both.

That's an interesting theory Pie.
Can't see it happening tho.I think it will all come to a head over the next few weeks.
Shit or bust,we're going to have to wait & see.
I think he'll walk.

Whilst I agree with you Mac, we didn't have the ability to see how training went to compound our views.

Going back in time, Mitro was shit basically. His introduction never met the performance. Ever.

If we got the player that Fulham have now performing the same miracles for us in the championship last season then I doubt Rafa would have loaned him out but id rather side with a bloke that has the CV he has than us that only see bit parts.

Aye, I've read the reports about Joselu doing well in training then I also read that he had some of the best defensive stats in Europe

He was asked to do the hard work in the wrong areas of the pitch for me........while not being able to hit a barn door when he did get a chance

You can file Joselu with Frank Pingel, Ray Clarke, Bobby Shinton and George Reilly. It's baffling why Mitrovic was given a chance over that nougat. There's plenty of players who weren't great trainers but produced it on a match day. OK he's has a few stupid sendings off but he gets no leeway from referees unlike Kane who should have been sent off for that challenge on Lejeune. Shelveys not shy of a red card or two and Benitez stuck with him but wouldn't give Mitro the same chance. Perhaps something has happened that we're not away of. If not then we'll have to file this down a typical piece of Benitez stubbornness.

I see no problems for tubby Ry.

Woud'nt he have pocketed 120 odd million from Sky for this season ?

History showes he can give Benitez what looks like a decent wedge for next season then sweet FA for the following three in which Rafa will spend his time bleating to the press about lack of transfer funds whilst waiting for the five year contract he signed in 2018 to expire.

A win win for both.
Yes, £120m+ depending on league position. Add on gate receipts and commercial income as well as instalments on the likes of Sissoko and Wijnaldum.

Take off costs and whatever Ashley reduces his "loan" by for pocket money at Aspers.

For the future, we should expect the wage bill to go up but as long as Rafa is here, we should generate more commercial income, so £60-80m this year and who knows what after that.

Ashley did publicly promise "every penny" generated would go back into the club.

Yes, £120m+ depending on league position. Add on gate receipts and commercial income as well as instalments on the likes of Sissoko and Wijnaldum.

Take off costs and whatever Ashley reduces his "loan" by for pocket money at Aspers.

For the future, we should expect the wage bill to go up but as long as Rafa is here, we should generate more commercial income, so £60-80m this year and who knows what after that.

Ashley did publicly promise "every penny" generated would go back into the club.

I took great exception to that quote from Ashley at the time because I genuinely believe that he was telling the truth. Only problem there being is that we will generate ZERO pennies.

I'd even wager a bet that the scripted answer was provided by Bishop or one of the other Carry On team script writers and laughed about beforehand.

The correct line should have been that Rafa could have all monies generated.