Press conference | Vital Football

Press conference

Rexn

Vital Champions League
Just waiting to see what comes out in the press conference with Rafa.

It occurs to me that the match on Sunday is an opportunity for some players to interact with the supporters in what will, be their last appearance for the Mags.

It is a sobering thought that this could also be Rafa's last pre-match conference, as well as an opportunity for supporters to offer their gratitude on Sunday.

What are the odds on Ashley providing enough of a transfer kitty to ensure that the manager at the start of next season is the same one who is ending the season with us?

Rafa wont sign a new deal unless his terms are met in relation to spending etc, so unless there is any sort of contract break then I expect Rafa here next season.

It will be a miracle if he stays in my opinion. I’ve no doubt Benitez is a lot more detailed and in depth than Pardew et al were when it comes to analysing the financials and what could and should be spent.

Whereas Ashley could tell Pardew that the sky was green and he’d shuffle about like Igor the faithful servant muttering it to anyone who would listen.

However, we’ve seen this season that Benitez is clearly in the Ashley camp too so who the fuck knows what will happen in reality.

Rafa has laid his cards out and the ball lies with Ashley again.

One of his quotes:

I want to finish top 10, but not like we are now.

I want to guarantee we are there and then challenge to win something and get more. That is not where we are now

Just get it sorted one way or the other, then we can be ready for a new season.
No faith in slowcoach office boy Charnley being involved.

They are polar opposites. Benitez has ambition and the fat pig only wants the club to finish 4th bottom every year. As much as we've laughed at the mackems whem Benitez fucks off and we land the likes of Gary Monk we'll soon be joining them. No happy ending here I'm afraid.

Not a whisper of takeover talks being resurrected or anyone else being interested so I expect the game on Sunday to be Rafa's last involvement with us. The future is anything but rosy

Agree Mac just waiting for ‘Pards’ to be wheeled out as the returning messiah. Its all very depressing thanks Mike

The thing to remember is that Pards has won the Johnstones Paint Trophy more times than Rafa, Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson and Guardiola put together.

If you listen to George Caulkins podcast on True Faith it doesn't fill you up with much hope. Obviously journalists get to hear a lot more than us and the bus is about crash.

There will be no new contract news coming imminently so I wouldn't harbour any hopes for one. In my opinion, Rafa will want to be swayed by dealings up until the window closes in early August.

If he's pissed about again then I reckon he'll see out the final year of his contract before refusing to sign another with the hope that some sort of kick off could see a takeover attempt.

At least Pardew sealed West Broms fate so we should be grateful he sealed one relegation place. Pardew left for the money, lets not forget. He left Palace with the worst record of the 92 football league clubs.

Pardew is shite vin.
Even he will be starting to doubt his own self induced hype after his latest failure.

He's not alone either,there are a host of garbage managers stealing a living,although if he is to be blamed for sealing West Broms fate surely Rafa has to be similarly blamed for taking us down ?

It does not detract from the fact that he had the bottle to walk out on Ashley,well that's according to journalists who are more than likely better informed than us,who believed a conversation occurred between himself and Ashley which suggested no transfer funds would be forthcoming in January 2015 unless Sissoko was sold.

Instead of bleating into a microphone to anyone that cares to listen about a situation that appears to be a surprise only to him,namely transfer funds,our current manager would do well to show the same bottle.

I think he will still be with us next season unless a better offer than Ashley is paying him for his services is made.

Outside of a takeover what logical explanation could there be for Benitez still being with us ?

Pardew didnt walk ... he left as palace wanted him (due to his close association with them 91 et al .... surely wasn't for his managerial capabilities) no doubt contributing factors of lack of investment by Ashley , the fact he was very unpopular here and if rumour is ti be believed he had paid of his debts (which got him his job at NUFC) helped him make his mind up though .