President Trump | Page 2 | Vital Football

President Trump

in_the_top_one - 10/1/2018 17:04

Unbelievable number of homeless on the streets of San Francisco last week. My third visit to that (otherwise terrific) city and it just gets worse and worse. This time they were head to toe lining many of the long streets downtown.
Moreover, they aren't just homeless, they're often disabled (or at least with severe difficulties in walking), and totally incoherent. Either mental health problems, drug problems or both - often one caused by the other. Such a huge problem. And I thought London was bad.
At least Trump has recognised this and appointed an opiod tsar - hope they can effect change for the better.

I too was astounded by the number of homeless people in San Francisco the last around. I've visited most of the major cities in the USA and by far SF left a lasting memory on this topic. It is a shame because it is a very nice city.

The cynic in me thinks that this tsar is purely lip service. Any clamping down on opioids will impact the pharmaceutical companies who are big financial contributors. This and the fact that the nominated Health Secretary is a former drug industry executive and lobbyist.

Then again, they may do something because most of the opioid dependant people are white working class