Preseason Fixtures | Page 15 | Vital Football

Preseason Fixtures

Wes is such a machine. I really want him to make it.

He’s definitely came a long way and he’s worked hard to get back to where he is, not an easy injury to overcome, Personally I don’t think he’ll get anywhere close to what we need/require, I would love to be wrong, here’s hoping he starts proving his transfer fee.

He’s definitely came a long way and he’s worked hard to get back to where he is, not an easy injury to overcome, Personally I don’t think he’ll get anywhere close to what we need/require, I would love to be wrong, here’s hoping he starts proving his transfer fee.

Remember Shearer saying that with an injury like that it's in your mind for some time afterwards. So he needs time just to get his confidence back.

Several nice photos, Jacob Ramsey looks like he’s added muscle, lads been working hard.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/GALLERY-Villa-prepare-for-Stoke-City-trip-/

Noticed he looked a bigger unit in the Walsall game. Some have been writing him off but I am hopeful he could be a useful member of the team. He ousted Hourihane who is a solid pro from the squad. Smith may have a bias towards homegrown youngsters but not to the extent he’d sack off a decent experienced player for a total no hoper.

I seem to remember Stoke have become something of a bogey team to the Villa so I quickly looked it up and since 2009 Stoke have only lost 3 out of the last 16 games.

I know it's only a friendly but you also know they will be right up to beat a Premier League team and particularly Aston Villa.

It should be a good run out for the squad.

Last edited: