Preseason Fixtures | Page 13 | Vital Football

Preseason Fixtures

One of the things I enjoyed most was Brian's commentary. Great insight, we're lucky to have him advising the board.

One thing he did say was that when you're playing two centre forwards, Wesley and Davis, they have to make themselves felt. He felt they weren't attacking the box enough. This was their chance to make a statement and they didn't.

I'd go with that. Early days yet, more friendlies to come, but they have to really perform if they want a place up front. You can't compare them with what Ollie offered.

Plenty of positives from the game, no doubt Buendia and his link up with Ollie the biggest positive of all. It was a good confidence boost with some decent individual performances and a healthy 4-0 final result. Will need to be tested against higher opposition though. Thought some of the kids did well, A Ramsey took his goal incredibly well, the type of finish of a natural talent. Maybe it’s too early for him and a few others but maybe good performances in pre season can secure a better loan spell for the season ahead.

But you ‘wouldn’t lose any sleep if he went’ though and he has gone ‘backwards’ and he is ‘part of the problem not the solution ‘.

Strange words from someone who likes him tbh.
he's an awful DM, a liability in and around the box. i like his attributes higher up the pitch, my favourite play of his when i was there was at Brighton lovely ball to Grealish you know the rest, then obviously home v Bournemouth (after the fuck up by our box and goal conceded) he scored good goal + Norwich goal ( i didnt go was in manchester for my son at Uni). He also made the assist for Grealish Burnley A - as he's up the pitch more. He's a shambles around our pen area

The only person whose comments I was eager to read after that great performance by Emi B !

Am I that bad 😂

I know it’s only a friendly and against Walsall, but those two through balls is basically Buendia’s bread a butter, which Jack doesn’t do, so if Buendia can see that opening up he’ll go for it and ignore Grealish altogether, it’s going to give our game a whole different dynamic.

Grealish will have to be marked less because of it, an if he’s not available we could have Bailey sprinting down the right, We’re definitely on the right track.

I did say Watkins will get more goals from Buendia this season than from Grealish, many will laugh but it’ll happen.

Who are all these people who you seem to think didn't want Beundia? Maybe I'm imagining it but I thought the reaction to his signing was 95% positive on here.

I definitely said he should be our no. 1 target back in May, and I've also built my fantasy team around him and put money Ollie being top goalscorer because of him

Seems you're trying to make out you were the only one that wanted him.... Most of us did too.

Probably not the right thread to put this in but I wonder if Wesley might prove more valuable coming on near the end of games. We’re in the lead and need someone to come on and hold the ball up in the opposition half.

Wasn't able to see the game.

Can you tell me where Beundia played please? I've seen the goal highlites above and for both of Watkin's goals Buendia appears to be quite deep

Can you tell me where Beundia played please? I've seen the goal highlites above and for both of Watkin's goals Buendia appears to be quite deep

I think he just gets about xchurch. He spent plenty of time attacking down the right/centre too, just didn't get lucky with any of the crosses. Think he had a shot early on, but I didn't start watching until about 15 minutes in.

He started off on the right , not as an out and out winger , but more of an inside right , much in the way Jack plays on the left. Moved central quite a bit and that's where the passes for the goals came from. One thing is for sure , the ball is his friend .

Am I that bad 😂

I know it’s only a friendly and against Walsall, but those two through balls is basically Buendia’s bread a butter, which Jack doesn’t do, so if Buendia can see that opening up he’ll go for it and ignore Grealish altogether, it’s going to give our game a whole different dynamic.

Grealish will have to be marked less because of it, an if he’s not available we could have Bailey sprinting down the right, We’re definitely on the right track.

I agree. If he can produce those kinds of passes, and especially for a striker like Ollie who is always looking to make runs like he did, it would be money well spent. What was missing was someone who can unlock defences like Emi B. Now a combination of the two can cause a lot of damage to the other teams. I am glad we now have Plan B which is pass it to Emi B if Plan A pass it to Jack isn't working ! 😁 Now the other team's usual tactic of doubling up on Jack could be rendered useless if Emi B can do similar in the prem where it really matters. Hope Ollie has been practising hard in training on finishing better ! We will then need 2 more top midfielders if Emi B becomes a success. If we do get those midfielders we can become European regulars and Jack can get the boost he needs to not be distracted about staying, and to take Villa back to the greatest height it once achieved.

The difference in the strikers was plain to see last night, i was watching Wesley and Davis, some nice balls were coming across and they showed no effort to get in there. Ollie would have busting a gut to get on the end of them, Davis needs to go out on loan, not sure how much time we give Wesley.

I wondered that. He was injured for the last few games of the season , so can't be fit yet.. Haven't seen him at all in all the pictures of training on the OS.
I read he is injured again. This guy just seems like he’s going to be “one of those signings” where in a few years were just left scratching our heads wondering what happened and why it never worked out. A bit like Makoun, Veretout, Berson… these signings all have a common link, don't they?