Preseason Fixtures | Page 27 | Vital Football

Preseason Fixtures

So Barry, who is 18, is the same height as Jack Grealish then. I remember him being basically a twig with floppy hair at 18.

Brad Young, also 18, is the same height as Sergio Aguero who is the best premier league striker of the last decade.

Did we go back in time 20 years or something? Or are there new regulations I don't know about where you have to be 6ft plus and made of muscle to be a premier league player?

So Barry, who is 18, is the same height as Jack Grealish then. I remember him being basically a twig with floppy hair at 18.

Brad Young, also 18, is the same height as Sergio Aguero who is the best premier league striker of the last decade.

Did we go back in time 20 years or something? Or are there new regulations I don't know about where you have to be 6ft plus and made of muscle to be a premier league player?

The game has changed from when I was younger players are bigger and stronger all of them.

I've known the odd Keeper be 5ft 10 but most are at least 6ft 3 these days. I'm 5ft 10 I was considered above average at 18 but now I'd be short.
People are getting bigger, whilst there are no height restrictions unlike disney it does help to be able to compete with the bigger boys.
Barry Bannan is 5ft 5 but I've known him to be 5ft 7 people always add a few inches.

I think the biggest measure will be the Sevilla game when surely we will be putting out our best 11 from the start. Also I think we will have at least 2 new faces in by then.

don't think we even put out a first 11 in the last friendly do we?
We all know 9 starters for the first match now

The game has changed from when I was younger players are bigger and stronger all of them.

I've known the odd Keeper be 5ft 10 but most are at least 6ft 3 these days. I'm 5ft 10 I was considered above average at 18 but now I'd be short.
People are getting bigger, whilst there are no height restrictions unlike disney it does help to be able to compete with the bigger boys.
Barry Bannan is 5ft 5 but I've known him to be 5ft 7 people always add a few inches.
I’m impressed ‘57, 5’10” was practically a giant in 1857, due in part to most kids having to clean chimneys. You were obviously born with a silver spoon and had a cushy job in the textile mills. :lol:

I’m impressed ‘57, 5’10” was practically a giant in 1857, due in part to most kids having to clean chimneys. You were obviously born with a silver spoon and had a cushy job in the textile mills. :lol:
Ha ha not far wrong mate my Grandad did own 3 houses back in the days when nobody owned a house. He was 5ft 5 and 4ft across!
It's gone downhill since, not sure what happened to my share.

I don't think height comes into it. It's more whether they are good enough and physical enough to withstand the rigours of the premier league.

I'm not convinced Barry is either to be honest, but I hope to be proved wrong.

The fact Guilbert is getting minutes ahead of Kesler seems to suggest he'll be kept as cover for Cash this season.

I'd imagine Kesler will go out on loan. He'll be a fantastic signing for a Championship club, I think he's top drawer.

Hope so with Freddie. I am pretty mystified as to what he has done so wrong in some peoples eyes. I think he is more than adequate in the squad. With Elmo going it makes sense to me to have Cash and Freddie in that position , with Ezri as an option we have all seen that works .