Preseason Fixtures | Page 23 | Vital Football

Preseason Fixtures

Controversial opinion - he wasn’t actually that bad and was probably our best player out of the second group.

He could score a hattrick mate some peoples minds are made up just like my mind is with Wesley and I've said dozens of times Davis is better than Wesley. Wesley has had 21 full PL games and never resembled football .
No real point in talking about strikers as Ollie golden balls will play every game regardless. Nobody is coming in to spend 38 games on the bench

He could score a hattrick mate some peoples minds are made up just like my mind is with Wesley and I've said dozens of times Davis is better than Wesley. Wesley has had 21 full PL games and never resembled football .
No real point in talking about strikers as Ollie golden balls will play every game regardless. Nobody is coming in to spend 38 games on the bench

The whole Davis v Wesley argument is completely pointless though as they're both bloody useless and always have been.

We need better if we're serious about progressing.

Imagine if Watkins gets injured on 1st September. We'd be seriously fecked.

funny how some teams always beat us no matter how bad they are

I said at the start of the match Stoke have become a bogey team to the Villa.

We have only won 3 in the last 17 games now against them.

If nothing else the players got a decent, match workout on the pitch and at the same time a lesson to not get carried away and that they must try even harder.

The other good thing to come out of the game was to finally expose Wesley as basically a fake, temperamental footballer who along with Davis is not going to take the team to another level.

Davis gives 100% for sure but this level is beyond him - However, what also worries me is that Dean Smith rates the lad?

We need a centre forward and we need one ASAP.

just seen a clip of Wesley chinning a stoke player , assume he got a red for that ? Have not seen the game just the result

(just read the last few pages , what a prick !!)

maybe we'll give Brad Young a game.
buying another back up for Watkins seems a bit half arsed - unless we're buying someone better than than Watkins then they aren't getting a game.

Be nice to get some more quality starters rather than squad fodder

maybe we'll give Brad Young a game.
buying another back up for Watkins seems a bit half arsed - unless we're buying someone better than than Watkins then they aren't getting a game.

Be nice to get some more quality starters rather than squad fodder
we need top quality cover in case of injury

Pretty sure that's the first villa game I've missed over the past year or so. Sounds like I made the right choice! How can you get sent off in a friendly? Or lose 2-0 to Stoke? Don't they usually have one shot on target a month?

Yep! Boiled over out of nothing. And kept on arguing with the ref afterwards. Shouldn't be near our club.
Just seen it again and the Stoke player accidentally-on-purpose treads on Wes's foot when they're getting up but that trick has fucking whiskers on it and he needs to serve his revenge cold, not via an attempted headbutt and grab to the throat.

As someone said earlier the best to come out of it was the shattering of the illusion that we only have to turn up to win. The first half team were 2-0 down before the subs were made so to focus on Davis seems futile. Having said that be nice if we saw Alvarez and Bailey arrive as we still look a bit impotent up front. Good to see the youngsters given a run out.