"Preparing" is code for... | Vital Football

"Preparing" is code for...

Matic

Alert Team
... "trying to unsettle a player through the media."

I swear, every other transfer rumour I read seems to include the word "preparing". Man Utd are currently "preparing" a bid for Dier. Tottenham are "preparing" a bid for Barkley. The media feed off this stuff and are more than likely being fed these lines more and more. When does it turn in to 'tapping up'? How many times have we read about Man Utd "preparing" to bid for Dier this summer. How many times have we read about Man City "preparing" to bid for Walker. I've even see it with us!

It's getting as ridiculous as the transfer fee's.

It's a ridiculous term.

If I have a wallet full of cash, I don't say: "I'm preparing to pay it in at the bank"
I just go and pay it in FFS!

You can't 'prepare' a bid. You either bid with an offer of money or you don't. There is no preparing!
Gah!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is annoyed by it. I'm starting to understand why my father-in-law blows a fuse every time he hears a commentator say a player was "just" offside. "Its either ON or OFF, no in-between!!" he shouts.

Is there ever going to be a time where the PL/FA clamp down on the use of media to spread rumours so they can unsettle a play? I won't hold my breath.

Matic - 11/7/2017 14:34

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is annoyed by it. I'm starting to understand why my father-in-law blows a fuse every time he hears a commentator say a player was "just" offside. "Its either ON or OFF, no in-between!!" he shouts.

Is there ever going to be a time where the PL/FA clamp down on the use of media to spread rumours so they can unsettle a play? I won't hold my breath.

It's how they make their money in an otherwise uneventful summer but that doesn't make it OK!

I read the BBC's Gossip column every morning in the hope of some actual FACT that a deal may be happening at the club but I don't know why I bother as I know every one of them is fake news!

I think gossip and fake news is a thing of opinion and is so subjective, that it makes it near impossible to clamp down on sadly!

Most of the time when you're reading this stuff it's because agents/friends/even employees are being paid for info by desperate journalists...

I know one 'old boy' who still makes a decent living out of fees from journo's....

For the most part, just take it with a pinch of salt.

The Dier link with United is very boring. Everyday is the same tripe. On par with that crap Barkley link.