Preparations for the new season or....... | Vital Football

Preparations for the new season or.......

Brexiteer

Vital Squad Member
lack off them.
Not that it could be avoided, the cancellation of some pre season friendlies hasn't helped presumably SE was planning to have a look at some trialists (just a guess).
The lack of forwards does worry me, if Oliver struggles for goals or gets injured, I don't see Akinde as a 20 goal per season replacement.
SE loves midfielders - do we have too many, we still need defensive cover.
The transfer embargo has muddied the waters but with only a few weeks to go before the start of the season SE really does need to get players in and build a team.

lack off them.
Not that it could be avoided, the cancellation of some pre season friendlies hasn't helped presumably SE was planning to have a look at some trialists (just a guess).
The lack of forwards does worry me, if Oliver struggles for goals or gets injured, I don't see Akinde as a 20 goal per season replacement.
The transfer embargo has muddied the waters but with only a few weeks to go before the start of the season SE really does need to get players in and build a team.

Bit harsh, Brexiteer. I mean, it`s not as though the new season is just a couple of weeks away - mmmm:oops:

lack off them.

I don’t think the transfer embargo has muddied the waters. But I do think the postponed pre-season games has put signings back in time. No urgent need to get someone on board if they are just going to sit in isolation, no games, but still being paid.

I do tho, expect to see some signings within the next few days ready in time for the next pre-season game.

Is it likely that most of our remaining signings will be loans? How many do we have on the books currently? If we have more than 11 or 12, then I reckon we are looking at 5 or 6 loans and just 1 maybe 2 permanent signings.

I don't think that you are a million miles away there OSK.

Our starting eleven isn't too shabby but there is no back up.
Quite a few clubs seem to be in our position from reading other forums.