Premier league years | Vital Football

Premier league years

Th10

Vital Squad Member
Terrific programme on Sky Sports. Been watching a few of them from years we were in the Prem, it makes you realise what an achievement it was.

All the ManU & Arsenal fans are absolutely livid with the news today that Amazon are now to show 20 matches a season:
And I quote:
"too many packages needed to watch your team. And the premier league wonder why there is an increase in illegal streaming and VPNs? Seriously? "
C'mon EPL be fair on your supporters and don't force them to buy several packages to watch their teams. "

To be honest that does sound ridiculous with the amount of subscriptions they need to watch football, even as a neutral. Football has gone too expensive for the fan, going to games and watching at home. Atleast in the football league there is plenty of seats needed at the stadium, hopefully this time some people realise it actually becomes cheaper to buy a season ticket and go to games then to pay for these services, though both are still expensive.

How many of those same Man U, Liverpool fans or whoever else are also saying 'we need to spend big money on...'? If they were told you can have 1 tv package and have every game on a Saturday at 3pm but have to shelve your ideas of buying anymore 30m+ players I don't think many of them would be very happy or willing to agree to the massive budget cuts that would come without all the tv deals.

The number of tv packages and games being moved for tv is how all the Prem clubs are given such astonomical amounts of money. It's the reality of football now that no club will ever consider turning down that amount of money and give up the massive advantage it gives them over the Championship and most other European sides when it comes to player recruitment and the additional ad revenue and sponsorship opportunities so much tv coverage brings.

I understand the frustration but their clubs are compensated so massively for it, and they get to sign top players for huge money and crazy wages as a result. When the likes of Bournmouth and Burnley can afford to buy players for £15m or pay others 65k a week it shows how vital that tv money is to clubs as without it neither would have anything. I think as fans there's not much you can do but accept it.