Premier League TV rights: Amazon to show 20 matches a season from 2019-2022 | Vital Football

Premier League TV rights: Amazon to show 20 matches a season from 2019-2022

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
Amazon will show 20 Premier League matches a season for three years from 2019, after winning one of the final two broadcast packages.

The online streaming service has won the rights to show one round of midweek games and one round from a bank holiday.

The matches will be available to Amazon Prime's UK members.

The other unsold package of 20 matches was bought by BT Sport for £90m, taking their total to 52 games.

In February, Sky Sports paid £3.58bn for four packages, while BT Sport spent £295m on another package.

Premier League executive chairman Richard Scudamore described Amazon as an "exciting new partner".

"Prime Video will be an excellent service on which fans can consume live Premier League football - including for the first time in the UK a full round of matches," he said.

What has Amazon got and how does it work?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396151

Do I really want to subscribe to another channel?

Nope, not really.

Not cheap is it, especially if you add on other subscriptions.
I joined because I worked it out it would save me a bit of money on postage on the stuff I order online (which I do a lot of). Plus you get next day delivery too.

I joined because I worked it out it would save me a bit of money on postage on the stuff I order online (which I do a lot of). Plus you get next day delivery too.

pays for itself in the end and if you pay for a 12 month upfront it is even cheaper.

I hope the City series is available to prime members

I wonder, though, if Amazon might move the goalposts and bring in a special Prime Sports subscription. Wouldn’t put it past them.