Premier League Season 20/21 | Vital Football

Premier League Season 20/21

hulloutpost

Vital Champions League
So three games in we've already established that Liverpool are going to be champions and Fulham are going to finish bottom with a record low number of points. That only leaves a couple of relegation spots and the race to the bottom between giants Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs to see who can inexplicably throw away the most points in order to finish outside the top four.

It's a good job nationally we will have The Championship and locally the Mighty Imps to provide any sort of meaningful and exciting competition.

The top four - remember the days when winning the league was the aim?

Oh yes, there was also talent money - the squads of the top five teams received reward in the way of “talent money”, ranging from £220 for fifth place to £1,100 for first. (1959 prizes)

Yep, finishing 4th is more important than winning either domestic cup. Money money money.........
West Brom will also go down, along with Fulham, and likely Sheffield United. Baggies will struggle to win a game. The Blades have been sussed, and McBurnie, McGoldrick, and the old fella are hardly likely to get 20 between them!

So, today in the Premier League, West Ham hammered Leicester City 3-0 away from home, and Aston Villa are currently 5-2 up at home against Liverpool.

Oh, and Manchester United lost 6-1 at home against Spurs!

Yep, finishing 4th is more important than winning either domestic cup. Money money money.........
West Brom will also go down, along with Fulham, and likely Sheffield United. Baggies will struggle to win a game. The Blades have been sussed, and McBurnie, McGoldrick, and the old fella are hardly likely to get 20 between them!

Burnley could be in trouble too. I wouldn't be surprised in Dyche leaves at some point.

Some of the results this season have been odd. Have teams forgotten how to defend?

Maybe zero crowd really does affect play.
Think I read players were found to be running quite a bit less total distance per match. And likely because there's none of us inspiring them to run to the absolute maximum.
There will be an unconscious change in attitude swinging matches away from the cauldron atmosphere to closer to a training ground one. That may affect defending too.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere on here but I see that some Premier games are being made Pay per View for the sum of £14.95. This cost is even for season ticket holders who have paid for their ticket. Greed knows no bounds

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere on here but I see that some Premier games are being made Pay per View for the sum of £14.95. This cost is even for season ticket holders who have paid for their ticket. Greed knows no bounds
Don't forget, the big boys don't need supporters to survive, they are just a cash bonus to them. Top level football has almost completely lost the ethos and point of what a football club is. Unfortunately, many supporters of these teams have been brainwashed into the same mindset, that money is the be all and end all for their teams.
Sad times, and it will only get worse.

I'm not sure many if any PL Clubs have actually issued ST's this season as yet in the current climate, I know Man City haven't. Such is the power and yield of the TV money security blanket (as plumbob points out) there isn't a desperate need to.

I interpret this as a double dip by the Sky cartel i.e. 'you've' already paid for your monthly sports subscription but we're going to bang in a PPV to really fleece you.

I would love to know how much extra Sky are creaming off as a number of fans that normally go to the games will be buying extra Sky/Now passes. My bet is that they are actually making even more now fans aren't at matches and are desperate for something to provide Covid relief.

I'm reliably told there are other (free) ways of watching football on your tv. Wouldn't dream of it myself. Couldn't live with the guilt.

BT are very charitable. Bless them for just covering their costs for the good of football supporters. Cynics among us might think they wouldn't take the business if there wasn't a profit. Who knew?

You could rely on Roy Keane's post match performance being more entertaining than the Man Utd performance v Arsenal.