Premier league profit without fans. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Premier league profit without fans.

If the tv money is so great then the cost of tickets in the premier must be pure greed.

If the tv money is so great then the cost of tickets in the premier must be pure greed.

Must be. The fact that you can't buy tickets to watch Man Utd, West Ham, Liverpool etc due to high demand shows that the tickets are OVERpriced. Right ho!

You do realise that most of the big Premiership teams are at full capacity anyway, with waiting lists? How would introducing much cheaper tickets work?

It would allow them to maximise revenue from most of the ground whilst allowing a small section for cheaper tickets. It wouldn’t be much of a loss and as this thread shows it wouldn’t be missed. Even better if they could squeeze more in standing but not sure that’s possible.

The better atmosphere would have its own value too. The passion in the stadium is part of the product for those watching on tv across the world.

As I said minimal financial loss, better atmosphere and therefore better overall product and it allow priced out fans back to support the club they love.

What’s not to like?

I just think it is wrong that the twenty teams in the premier league get massively over paid while the rest of football is starved of funds.Unlike other major countries there is a chance of a young player not getting the coaching or even a pitch to play on at school.TV funds should be used to benefit the game as a whole.

The premier teams do not care about the grass roots and never have! When they rarely but a player they try to pay as little as possible. I think the pm dictate to the f a and that is irreversible now.

Why should they be penalized for running a successful business?

If fans are willing and daft enough to pay silly amounts to watch football live or on TV, why should the clubs suffer - its the fans fueling this.
I think anyone could run a successful business with so much money sloshing around. The TV money comes from worldwide coverage not just pay TV in the UK; EPL clubs cannot fail to be successful financially.

The better atmosphere would have its own value too. The passion in the stadium is part of the product for those watching on tv across the world.

As I said minimal financial loss, better atmosphere and therefore better overall product and it allow priced out fans back to support the club they love.

What’s not to like?

I dont think these clubs have any issue with atmosphere and a small number of cheap tickets would make no difference.

It wont help grass roots football if tickets at West Ham are cheaper than the local Div 1 / 2 teams.

As before its the fans willing to pay the prices to watch live or matches on Sky that are fueling this - the clubs and TV are doing a really good selling job

i was at at man united chelsea last season and the atmoshphere was lacklustre at best. could certainly do with improvement.

Agree regarding the West Ham point.

Fortunately, we are Gills fans. So it's a hypothetical :grinning:
Agree with your sentiment Sir Keefy and we almost all accept we will never get there

But. What if you're a Bournemouth fan (for example)? You've supported your team for years, knocking around the lower leagues and paying, say, £15 to £20 A game in a pretty old ground then suddenly, BANG, you're forking out 50 quid + so see them play in the same ground with the same facilities

As mentioned above, there will be plenty of people who will pay but plenty who cannot afford it. If they were to find that their club was one of those that was fleecing it's fans needlessly, they would probably be a little pissed off. (Excuse my French ?)

Apparently when demand is high you’re allowed to charge over-inflated prices with little difference to total revenue. While we’re here, how about police vetting too? A nice little membership scheme.

I reckon they can start going down the line of the budget airlines, too. Perhaps a tax on the seat or oxygen? Put coin slots on the toilets?

But. What if you're a Bournemouth fan (for example)? You've supported your team for years, knocking around the lower leagues and paying, say, £15 to £20 A game in a pretty old ground then suddenly, BANG, you're forking out 50 quid + so see them play in the same ground with the same facilities

By the same logic then you would expect Sunderland fans to continue to pay £50 to watch them now they are in league 1? Premiership football and division one football are different products with different prices.

It is only a matter of time before promotion from the Championship will be almost impossible to consolidate.Closely followed by league one to the Championship. With clubs allowed infinite players the gap will almost certainly continue to widen.At present a wealthy owner can still bank roll a club.But in time that will become more and more expensive .Competition is the life blood of football remove that and football as we currently know it will be dead.Already there are worrying signs.

By the same logic then you would expect Sunderland fans to continue to pay £50 to watch them now they are in league 1? Premiership football and division one football are different products with different prices.

Of course I wouldn't but that wasn't my point. My post was more to do with the thread title and the fact that the club's involved clearly do not care that a lot of true, long standing, less well off fans are being priced out of going
It wouldn't break them to offer some sort of greatly reduced loyalty offer to renew season tickets, especially to those who could prove hardship.
Man City would be a classic example, it's not that long ago that they were down here with us, I'll wager that there are a good few fans from those days who can't afford to go now.

It is only a matter of time before promotion from the Championship will be almost impossible to consolidate.Closely followed by league one to the Championship. With clubs allowed infinite players the gap will almost certainly continue to widen.At present a wealthy owner can still bank roll a club.But in time that will become more and more expensive .Competition is the life blood of football remove that and football as we currently know it will be dead.Already there are worrying signs.
Spot on mate. Look at Wolves, they took a massive gamble in spending loads to get them up knowing that failure would result in financial fair play action being taken against them. Thing is, they threw so much cash at it and all they did was prove that money CAN buy you success.
Clubs like ours will never compete with that without massive cash injections from wealthy buyers.

Spot on mate. Look at Wolves, they took a massive gamble in spending loads to get them up knowing that failure would result in financial fair play action being taken against them. Thing is, they threw so much cash at it and all they did was prove that money CAN buy you success.
Clubs like ours will never compete with that without massive cash injections from wealthy buyers.
And then that forces other clubs who don’t have such wealthy owners to take risks and run up debts to compete, overinflating the market and leading to a disgusting amount of debt as seen in the Championship. Should a club get relegated they’ll be less likely to do what ThreeSixes says and reduce tickets by a comparable amount, seeing it as too risky. The clubs struggle to reduce the playing budget by, again, a realistic budget for the League, and we all end up in a shitstorm.

Its supply and demand - if fans are willing to pay clubs and TV and have every right it take as much as they can earn.

Its all very well saying clubs like Bournemouth should not out price fans who supported them in the lower leagues but these loyal fans are watching football from some of the best players in the world and that costs.

Ticket prices for concerts and other entertainment shot up in price and you have to pay sometimes a year in advance , why?

Because they still fill the venue and fans are willing to pay the price even though some artists only do over a hour.

No one is forcing anyone to pay a high price to go to any matches.