Premier league points distribution - Covid Season | Vital Football

Premier league points distribution - Covid Season

D

Departed

I find it staggering that:

1) 1st to 3rd were separated by 33 points

2) That only 66 points were needed for 3rd

3) That 3rd to 17th were separated by 31 points

4) 12 points separated 3rd to 10th. This is the most interesting breakdown IMO because it could indicate that TV money is driving parity.

Whether we surge ahead or not due to a higher wage capacity via increased revenues we will have heavier competition making for many more exciting games.

Do you think the Premier League has been trending in this direction or is it a one-off season?

4) 12 points separated 3rd to 10th. This is the most interesting breakdown IMO because it could indicate that TV money is driving parity.

Whether we surge ahead or not due to a higher wage capacity via increased revenues we will have heavier competition making for many more exciting games.

Do you think the Premier League has been trending in this direction or is it a one-off season?

The sheer weight of money creates an uneven playing surface, at times the weight of the quality that this can buy will be reflected in the depth of each and every squad - and so at times that gap will be huge.

I expect the top 4 next season to be a much closer thing, sadly though we won't be in it.

The sheer weight of money creates an uneven playing surface, at times the weight of the quality that this can buy will be reflected in the depth of each and every squad - and so at times that gap will be huge.

I expect the top 4 next season to be a much closer thing, sadly though we won't be in it.
I bet you’ll look back and laugh at that prediction next season after Jose has bored every team in the league to death and then whipped their backsides with a couple of quick breakaways...😈😈😈😈

Suspect that the season just finished will prove to be a one-off. Chelsea, Leicester and Spurs lost thirty five games between them but still all finished in the top six. I don't see that becoming the norm, but wouldn't dismiss your speculation 80 that a levelling out is developing.

If the last 9 games are the new benchmark then I think we have something to work with. Can we improve beyond that? Probably, but only slightly.

I'm expecting us to be more effective against the lower teams under Jose and I think some of his big game tactics will work and some won't. Mostly, I just think we'll see way more consistency, especially if we can switch players more seamlessly with a more balanced squad.

I'm very interested to see what happens in midfield though. We got used to Winks, Sissoko and Gio behind Son, Kane and Moura but we saw much more discipline from Son and Moura. I'm interested to see how Dele, Hojberg and Ndombele integrate into it and whether Bergwijn can get in amongst it.