Premier League Patronisation | Page 2 | Vital Football

Premier League Patronisation

It should be written into contracts of ex-tv pundits, if you leave and fail in football management within half a season then you may not return to tv work for 5 years.
These shameless bellends have absolutely no right to sit in judgement of footballers or real managers.
Schooled doesn't come across as badly as the Scouse twat, but we know he couldn't hack it no matter how it's spun.

It should be written into contracts of ex-tv pundits, if you leave and fail in football management within half a season then you may not return to tv work for 5 years.
These shameless bellends have absolutely no right to sit in judgement of footballers or real managers.
Schooled doesn't come across as badly as the Scouse twat, but we know he couldn't hack it no matter how it's spun.

Michael Brown was on Quest the other night. After his atrocious stint at Port Vale, I am surprised he has the nerve to pass comment.

Personally, I got the impression that he may have found it hard to make the transition from 'one of the lads' to manager. The challenge of not being one of the boys and having to make decisions that have to be detrimental to a particular person (even if you like them personally) is always one of the hardest things about management. It is also one of the things that the Cowleys seem to do well. They have always picked what they think is the best team for the day with no sentiment. Mensah could have been brought on for 5 minutes at the end of a game to earn himself a title medal, but that didn't happen. Wilson, Angol, Roberts, Long, Ginelley etc. have all found their time limited.

But then they have had 12 years of management experience in their locker. It isn't unreasonable to think that it takes time to become very good at your job.

Last edited:
When the Chairman starts telling you who to, and not to, play, then things aren't going to last long are they? Likewise when the Chairman's foreign signings are messengers back to him.

I think he appreciated the difference in ability of players and facilities but he was in no way disrespectful to lower league football I didn't think.

He probably did find the watching games boring. Of course, he can afford to be bored because he's got £ in the bank but regardless of that, not every ex-player/manager can sit in front of a TV in the afternoon and watch 3 or 4 games.

Scholes is just another example that being a good player doesn't make you particularly likely to be a good manager isn't he. I think clubs are finally starting to learn but it's taking a long time...

Overprivaliged, overpaid and underworked ex-premier league drivel. Pathetic. I found this very disrespectful to lower league and grass roots football. I've played FA Governed amateur football this year on pitches with sheep and no running water, with changing rooms not fit for a pig. The game has become so financially lopsided and this seems ingrained into their inward looking brains. Bored for Christ sake. Get yourself on s factory line. The Cowley's understand how lucky they are and work and enjoy every last minute of it. These Premier imbeciles need a reality check.

I had some time for Paul Scholes, he lived were he grew up (albeit the posh bit now) wanted to manage his home town club, however, that has pretty much evaporated. Whilst Oldham are a basket case of a club, he should have been savvy enough to realise that before he took the job, surely even Mr. Scholes reads the Oldham Chron!

On the other hand we have Sol Campbell, who was widely derided before he took the Macc job. At least he has stuck at it, by all accounts Macc are every bit a barmy as Oldham off the pitch. The stats say he has made a positive impact in his time at the Moss Rose, if he can keep Macc up his canon will have risen.

Hulloutpost, your finger was on the pulse on Scholes and you were ahead of the curve on this one, it seems your accusation of premier league patronisation went deeper and now this betting issue statement possibly explains why he scuttled out of the backdoor of football management and it certainly wasn`t a case of a lack of hot water or coffee machines being ripped out of the building as he suggested!

He knew his collar was going to be felt very shortly?

Last edited: