Premier League Patronisation | Vital Football

Premier League Patronisation

hulloutpost

Vital Champions League

What a load of smug, arrogant, cliché ridden, deluded s***.

Basically can't see beyond their superiority complexes and sense of entitlement. Scholes came across as somebody that couldn't be bothered to lower himself and put in the sheer hard graft required (bored in the afternoon FFS, said the Cowleys NEVER). As for McMythaman and Bilic:- go careful when you leave your nice warm studio boys, would hate a stray hoof ball from a L2 cart horse to upset your posh hair do's.
For some reason this has made me more annoyed than it should do proportionally. I think it is because I have a sense, just an inkling of the sheer bloody graft that our lot have just put in to get promoted. Oh yeah finally you Prem. League never has managers if you think L2 players are crap have a look at our show reel of goals this season and tell me there is no talent. What a set of complete w******.

I must have been watching something else. Scholes maybe said one thing derogatory which was - 6 of the 7 teams the keeper is smashing it to the centre forward. The rest of the time he was very complimentary about the players he had - and their work ethic.

If anyone wants a summary...

"I really liked those players and I didn't like what was happening to them... So instead of backing them I quit and made it someone else's problem."

"Eh, eh, doh. Dose players are limited, doh. Dey can't kick a ball straight, la."

"He vos not secked."

Listen the problem was simple when the going got tough he wasn`t up to the task.

He had Fergie`s phone number but every time he rang it his old boss was out on the lash and when Fergie glanced at the incoming number on his phone more often than not he couldn`t be bothered to pick it up and listen to another storey about broken toilets and lack of hot water.

"Alex the toilet is blocked,what am i gonna do now"....phone goes dead again.

Stomach for the fight wasn`t there but when Valencia ring up his suitcase will be packed and he will scuttle off to the airport.

Honesty is in short supply in this world and especially in the realms of football management.
I would just like to hear it once or twice straight out of their mouths to camera................."I was a failure,a first rate failure i had no spine for the fight and the prospect of hard graft frightened me."

PS: next Christmas when Fergie does his parcels for Xmas make sure he has a set of khasi drain rods for Paul Scholes with a note attached

"start at the bottom Paul"

Last edited:
I must have been watching something else. Scholes maybe said one thing derogatory which was - 6 of the 7 teams the keeper is smashing it to the centre forward. The rest of the time he was very complimentary about the players he had - and their work ethic.
That's why I differentiated between Scholes coming across as somebody who wasn't prepared to do the graft and the others as cliché ridden prima donnas etc.

steve mcmanaman trying to justify his poor results saying taking over a team in their situation will never be great .. yet they are unbeaten since his departure is comical.

I can’t imagine DC or NC being bored in the afternoons.

Can’t believe that personality vacuum still gets TV time.

That's why I differentiated between Scholes coming across as somebody who wasn't prepared to do the graft and the others as cliché ridden prima donnas etc.

Hull he said when he wasn't coaching he was watching videos of the opponents and it was that he found boring. I'm not sure you can imply he's lazy from that. No matter how much you enjoy a job there are elements that are mind numbingly routine.

Like the non-lesser Neville he has had a brief and unsuccessful time as a manager, at least he didn't make excuses for it.

steve mcmanaman trying to justify his poor results saying taking over a team in their situation will never be great .. yet they are unbeaten since his departure is comical.

I can’t imagine DC or NC being bored in the afternoons.

Can’t believe that personality vacuum still gets TV time.

McManaman is different gravy, granted. In a very large field indeed, his commentary on the CL tie last season between Sevilla and Man Utd remains the most ludicrous 90 minute punditry I have ever heard

Hull he said when he wasn't coaching he was watching videos of the opponents and it was that he found boring. I'm not sure you can imply he's lazy from that. No matter how much you enjoy a job there are elements that are mind numbingly routine.

Like the non-lesser Neville he has had a brief and unsuccessful time as a manager, at least he didn't make excuses for it.
I guess we see things differently. To me he came across as somebody who quit after only 7 games and didn't have the minerals or commitment to stick around and make a go of it. Pete Wild took the same side to Fulham in the cup and beat them and as Eastville points out they are unbeaten under the same manager since he returned so he had something to work with but chose not to after 7 games. His demeanour at our place was poor, very poor and I wasn't surprised when he quit a couple of days later.

When the Cowleys watch this video they will laugh themselves into And E.

2 comments are really telling........as observed by Hulloutpost.
he was bored ?

"he was bored in the afternoons".....why not train in the afternoons?
stick to the trusted regime of 3 hours down the bookies and 2 hours of snooker, it always breeds football success.

"watching videos of league 2 football was boring"......that`s your job nobend,know your opponent`s weakness.
This is DC/NC bread and butter everyday of the week= success.

Scholes comes across as totally naive of lower level football and won`t be seen again other than in the comfort of a sky studio.

I guess we see things differently. To me he came across as somebody who quit after only 7 games and didn't have the minerals or commitment to stick around and make a go of it. Pete Wild took the same side to Fulham in the cup and beat them and as Eastville points out they are unbeaten under the same manager since he returned so he had something to work with but chose not to after 7 games. His demeanour at our place was poor, very poor and I wasn't surprised when he quit a couple of days later.

I was gutted that i couldn`t get a bet on Scholes for the sack race post our beating of Oldham at the Bank.

He showed more interest in the amount of mustard on his hotdog at half time than he did of events on the pitch!

Makes you appreciate our management team even more.

Fair play as well to Campbell at Macc as.. a man who has been determined to get a job in football management and took one of the least favourable jobs in the EFL and is making a great fight of it.

Scholes seems incredibly naive and expecting everything to be in place for him, expecting some nice easy local boy hero worship.

Makes you appreciate our management team even more.

Fair play as well to Campbell at Macc as.. a man who has been determined to get a job in football management and took one of the least favourable jobs in the EFL.
Campbell's stock (no soup jokes please) has certainly risen in my eyes. Unlike Scholes who rode into town as the local Prince on his show pony and bolted out the other end on Seabiscuit, Campbell had to almost plead to get a job and has stuck with it. Both are from similar playing backgrounds but one of them has moved to a different part of the country and stuck with a side that has far less facilities than Oldham whilst also having an equally problematic owner to contend with.

Wasn’t Campbell the subject of various japes for putting his cv about everywhere... even Grimsby? Wonder how his record at macc compares to jolley’s over the last few months?