Premier League Clubs | Vital Football

Premier League Clubs

Sturdy Gill

Vital Squad Member
I have been watching interviews with Premier League Managers on Sky sports news with regard to the financial crisis within the EFL.
intersting to see support from Lampard, Steve Bruce and a few other with OGS of Man Utd claiming they are losing money and doubted they could / would assist the EFL _ What little time I had for Man U and OGS has dropped even further with that statement F Tosser

I read today that Spurs have been given a bye for the next round of the cup as the O's could not play because of their virus outbreak, couldn't Spurs have forfeited the match and given their little neighbours a chance, it's not as though Spurs are short of a bob or two.

Or as a minimum agreed for the game to be played, sure Spurs have a major fixture congestion but would have put the kids out anyway. Isn’t this also the Tottenham that took a £170m bounce back loan from the Governmen?

Lol at Chelsea, losing money but can afford to spend £200m in the summer window, have 32 players on loan at other clubs the vast majority of whom will never play for Chelsea, and their owner owns third party rights in players for other, sometimes opposing, teams!

Lol at Chelsea, losing money but can afford to spend £200m in the summer window, have 32 players on loan at other clubs the vast majority of whom will never play for Chelsea, and their owner owns third party rights in players for other, sometimes opposing, teams!
Agreed but as I said Frank Lampard (only the manager I know) fully supported helping lower tier EFL teams and below, Man Utd and Burnley appear totally against the idea. I won’t Knock Chelsea yet unless they decide not to assist

Last edited:
Agreed but as I said Frank Lampard (only the manager I know) fully supported helping lower tier EFL teams and below, Man Utd and Burney appear totally against the idea. I won’t Knock Chelsea yet unless they decide not to assist
One day Burnley will slide down the league for sure. Then perhaps they will understand.

Sean Dyche quoting Amazon as making millions at the moment but They are not helping other retailers That are struggling - presume that’s his defense as to why Burnley may not put their hands in their pockets

I read today that Spurs have been given a bye for the next round of the cup as the O's could not play because of their virus outbreak, couldn't Spurs have forfeited the match and given their little neighbours a chance, it's not as though Spurs are short of a bob or two.

To be fair i suspect efl rules wouldn't permit that.

Spurs fans have been buying orient merchandise to help support them.

According to my colleague (the guy who's son is a keeper at Orient) Spurs paid for all of the testing involved in this matter and, because of Orient's financial loss, also made a donation of (he thinks) £200k. Tottenham fans also went online and spent about £20k in the Orient club shop to help with the O's shirt charity.
Great gestures by both club and fans

Sorry Mark, just seen your post

According to my colleague (the guy who's son is a keeper at Orient) Spurs paid for all of the testing involved in this matter and, because of Orient's financial loss, also made a donation of (he thinks) £200k. Tottenham fans also went online and spent about £20k in the Orient club shop to help with the O's shirt charity.
Great gestures by both club and fans

Sorry Mark, just seen your post
Hats of then to Spurs

Fair play to Spurs but I'm still pissed off with Burnley. Didn't Sean Dyche used to play lower league?

To be fair i suspect efl rules wouldn't permit that.

Spurs fans have been buying orient merchandise to help support them.

Plus, with the teams already playing twice per week, they can’t really afford to keep delaying the next round just to play catch-up. By the sounds of it, Spurs have been really good to Orient. Having had our pants pulled down twice by Spurs’ under 23s in the last four years, I’d have happily taken the cash in exchange for a bye!

Fair play to Spurs but I'm still pissed off with Burnley. Didn't Sean Dyche used to play lower league?

I think he played lower league football for how whole career? He might have played a bit at Championship level but my biggest memory of him is playing (and scoring) in the FA Cup Semi Final for Chesterfield in 1997, I think they were in the same league as us (Div 2, now L1) then?

What do you expect from someone with a DISC BEARD?

In any case, it doesn't matter what the managers say anyway. It'll be the owners and their grovelling lickspittles at the FA who decide what happens.

It appears that Premiership teams are increasingly using private jets to travel to their domestic games. Guess they might quote Covid-19 as a reason, but is there really any excuse for spending all that money flying such short distances when EFL clubs are struggling for pennies. Not to mention the unnecessary pollution caused by these multi-millionaire "role models" !!

I’ve just listened to SE on the Ifollow app and he was scathing about the EFL and Rick Parry.
Do nothing, he said.