Preferred sports radio station? | Vital Football

Preferred sports radio station?

tarzan

Vital Football Hero
Residing in Brussels, I listen to Talksport. Which leaves me with Alan Brazil and Colin Murray in the morning, both are completely appalling.

This morning Johnny Vaughan and Brian Moore are now on, what a breath of fresh air!

Wondered what stations and broadcasters people liked.

Must have improved with his switch to 5live, my basis for opinion on him was listening to him on Radio 1 with Chris Moyles!

I don't listen to the sports radio any more, got too much about the top six.

But on way home from the match I switch between WM and whatever the stations is called that Tom Ross does now depending on the caller!

Yes I like listening to WM phone ins during the week , they have some decent pundits on like Steve Froggatt and Peter Withe , makes good listening when I am running.

BRMB in the 70's and 80's was unmissable , especially when Tony Butler got his prayer mat out.

sirdennis - 7/11/2013 10:41

Yes I like listening to WM phone ins during the week , they have some decent pundits on like Steve Froggatt and Peter Withe , makes good listening when I am running.

BRMB in the 70's and 80's was unmissable , especially when Tony Butler got his prayer mat out.

Ah yes Tony Bulter BRMB Sport: I can still hear him saying that in my head.

Tony Butler - legend!
"Off the ball" is a Monday to Friday show on Dublin's Newstalk. It runs from 7pm to 10pm and is often rivetting. It's certainly the best sports show in Ireland and one of the best on the planet.
Obviously, it will have an Irish emphasis and covers Gaelic football and hurling which may not have a huge following in Nechells.
Here's the link - http://www.newstalk.ie/reader/47.305.363/10/0/

Chelsea, Citeh and Spurs have hoovered them up! Kevin Debruin would be a perfect fit for us, we should get him in on loan.

tarzan - 7/11/2013 10:22

That sounds majestic, I remember listening to Tony Butler.
I was at Monmore Green with an old mate of mine who owned a few dogs and the top trainer at Monmore at the time forgot his name.Anyway Tony Butler joined our company and I started giving it the big un and told him to back a dog in the next race I had said it was a dead cert needless to say it came nowhere he never spoke to me again.On his show the next day he mentioned he was at the dogs the night before and said he was having a great night till some idiot told him to back a dog with three legs.

Talksport - Alan Brazil is great (except when discussing how Ipswich were 'robbed' in 1981). Can't abide Colin Murray though so it's over to Radio 2 in the office (unless Jeremy Vine is doing a 'human interest' story i.e. exploiting an abuse victim or cancer patient - an abused cancer patient is ideal) back to Talksport for Hawksbee and Jacobs though and maybe Adrian Durham depending on who he's winding up.

On the way home from the game it's all Tom Ross, just because no matter how bad we've played the Baggies callers crack me up - it's like an advert for the dangers of interbreeding!

tarzan - 7/11/2013 11:22

Chelsea, Citeh and Spurs have hoovered them up! Kevin Debruin would be a perfect fit for us, we should get him in on loan.

What about Michy Batshauyi and Imoh Ezekiel? I think they are both at standard liege