Preferred Bidder can be named today | Page 2 | Vital Football

Preferred Bidder can be named today

I know I'm dreaming here but wouldn't it be good if we had a bidding war after said bidders have seen the fight the players, backroom staff, coaches, staff & fans have put up since & think its a great club to invest in....you never know could be like the scene in Only Fools and Horse where Del & Rodney faint during the auction of the stopwatch which sells for £6m........
Perhaps Moonay (delboy) & MiW ( Rodney) faint when 2 preferred bidders top the £1billion mark.....

Who's to say that me & MiW haven't formed our own consortium?

I won the Euromillions the other week ....... unfortunately, it was only £2.30 (I think).

On it again tonight.

:cool:

Didn't the administrators say at the Zoom thingy that all bids are from this country or am I remembering that wrongly?

Who's to say that me & MiW haven't formed our own consortium?

I won the Euromillions the other week ....... unfortunately, it was only £2.30 (I think).

On it again tonight.

:cool:
Maybe the £2.3 is billions n not pence...."this time next year Rodney"

Heard a rumour it was Americans - same ones that tried to buy Sunderland....nowt concrete either Franco
I’d be shocked if it’s them, makes no sense to buy us when Sunderland are for sale. Unless they are using us to smoke out the Sunderland owner into selling to them.

I’d be shocked if it’s them, makes no sense to buy us when Sunderland are for sale. Unless they are using us to smoke out the Sunderland owner into selling to them.
Sunderland are asking £40m!

If it is to be a foreign buyer then I hope it is someone with other sporting interests and not another outsider with the riches of the Premier League on his mind.

Alan Nixon says the prefered bidder has already been selected and a press confrence set for tomorrow. He says he has an idea but hasn't been able to confirm it. Due to the nature of these things i genuinely don't know if he would be allowed to legally name them if he wanted to.

But it seems if there is a press confrence the identity wont be kept a secret, so it wont be long to wait.

One potnetial name that i've not heard anyone else mention is Huw Jenkins formerly of Swansea. He was apparently interested in Charlton very reccently and took over Swansea when they were in a mess and built them up, so it wouldn't shock me if he was having a look at us if he wants to get back into football. That is not a prediction or insider knowledge just a thought.

Fingers cross it's someone good and if we are lucky they will be able to put a deposit in that will stop the assets leaving before they take over. Then if we have to sell at least we can better fees.

Also Kieffer Moore deal to QPR not agreed yet.

Last edited: