Preferred Bidder can be named today | Page 21 | Vital Football

Preferred Bidder can be named today

I think they mentioned in an initial presser they couldn’t find evidence of the loan but we haven’t heard much since. There are so many shady elements of what has gone, it would be nice to find out the detail. Perhaps young Mr Whittle could invite Stanley and his chum to join one of his podcasts?

If you look at the value of what they stated the initial preferred bid was it covered the value of all football creditors and 25p in the £ for all non football creditors - the non football part came to (from memory) £1.5mill and clearly doesn't include 25p for every £ of the £24mill "loan"
The administrators again said they were supremely confident this doesn't have to be paid. That "on the face of it" Latics owe £24mill to someone but they can find no evidence of it.

Well I listened to the Stanley video last night, and he did paint a slightly more optimistic picture and seemed to think it was when rather than if on the owner front.
Its amazing how this young man has got all these podcast interviews when Kendrick just drip feeds us bits and pieces, As I've said before Bolton man Mark Iles was fantastic for their fans.

The one thing I can't help thinking is that the EFL comes across as a bit of a spiteful outfit, and as such, when we get to the position of new owners being scrutinised for the supposed "fit and proper" they'll go out of their way to teach us a lesson.

They'll drag their feet and dig up speeding tickets, parking fines, absolutely anything to make a point.

The sooner we get someone in the better...these admin lot are selling everything off at car boot prices, or trying to at least. I just don't think they have our best interests at heart. Just doing their job and I don't trust them.
Totally agree sooner these lot are out of the way the better just remember longer it drags out more they themselves receive and more players end up leaving

Well I listened to the Stanley video last night, and he did paint a slightly more optimistic picture and seemed to think it was when rather than if on the owner front.
Its amazing how this young man has got all these podcast interviews when Kendrick just drip feeds us bits and pieces, As I've said before Bolton man Mark Iles was fantastic for their fans.

They should give Kendricks job to Jay Whittle - miles better.

To me Kendrick gives me the impression that he wants to suck upto the club as much as possible, being that person who only wants to please the clubs people, he is afraid to ask what the fans want to know and virtue signals a whole bunch, basically wanting people to be onside with Lenegan (he is clearly sucking up to him to get on their good side) which I hope in reality does not happen, he can't afford to even sustain a club. It might be Wigan and local, but it's not logical financially for the best of Wigan, will have to wait and see.

Jay should be given a job at WEP, asks the what fans want to know, more open to us, and he even manages to get interviews with some top people and shares the whole meeting for us too see.

Huge difference in transparency. If it was not for the likes of Jay, Nixon and the admins who have been so open to us, we wouldnt even know what is going on!

To me Kendrick gives me the impression that he wants to suck upto the club as much as possible, being that person who only wants to please the clubs people, he is afraid to ask what the fans want to know and virtue signals a whole bunch, basically wanting people to be onside with Lenegan (he is clearly sucking up to him to get on their good side) which I hope in reality does not happen, he can't afford to even sustain a club. It might be Wigan and local, but it's not logical financially for the best of Wigan, will have to wait and see.

Jay should be given a job at WEP, asks the what fans want to know, more open to us, and he even manages to get interviews with some top people and shares the whole meeting for us too see.

Huge difference in transparency. If it was not for the likes of Jay, Nixon and the admins who have been so open to us, we wouldnt even know what is going on!

No one is likely coming in to sustain us, if there was a rich Wigan fan with money to burn they'd likely have already bought us. At this point whoever comes in will likely not be dipping in their own pockets and downsizing the finances massively to live within our means. So it doesn't matter past a point if anyone coming in isn't that rich.

I think Lennigan wants the club for the right reasons - he is a local football man, probably a Latics fan to some extent. After what we've just been through i'll take that happily. The last thing we need is someone else arriving with zero connection to the club or town who see us as asset to exploit for their own good.

No one is likely coming in to sustain us, if there was a rich Wigan fan with money to burn they'd likely have already bought us. At this point whoever comes in will likely not be dipping in their own pockets and downsizing the finances massively to live within our means. So it doesn't matter past a point if anyone coming in isn't that rich.

I think Lennigan wants the club for the right reasons - he is a local football man, probably a Latics fan to some extent. After what we've just been through i'll take that happily. The last thing we need is someone else arriving with zero connection to the club or town who see us as asset to exploit for their own good.

I can see the positives with Lenegan, but a lot of negatives. At this stage, beggars cannot be choosers, so I would be happy with anyone, but no club in this current state of modern football cannot live within their means unless they are happy to be overtaken by the vast majority of league two clubs. We are very lucky to have a nice stadium, current training ground and a solid loyal 8000 wigan fans that puts us ahead of a lot of clubs. But without investment from Whelan for these things, we wouldn't be where we are today. Its good to live within our means, especially short term in this predicament, but sadly, investment is always going to be needed to survive, that is just how the league system works.

It's a land grab to secure the stadium tenure for the worries IMO and nothing more.
He will be last chance saloon for the admins once the other bidders drift away given his lack of funds and is simply hoping to get the stadium for a steal.
Given the lack of progress with other bidders he may just hit the jackpot.
A slide down the leagues for us would be the only result here.
No one is doing anything for the love of Tics.

To those slagging off Kendrick, as he's explained previously, his role, on the local paper is to report stuff, but also maintain an ongoing relationship with the club.

What would be the point in him asking stuff to simply then get the cold shoulder form the club.

Also, part of his aim will be to help sell papers (or subscriptions). Who on here buys the paper? Thought not.

I really don't understand the instinctive nature of Wigan fans to want to apportion blame, whatever the circumstance.

Players, Manager, CEO, Owners, ......now, even Reporters. They all cop for it. I understood the EFL, but the rest are just easy meat for the "I could do better" brigade.

:rolleyes:

To those slagging off Kendrick, as he's explained previously, his role, on the local paper is to report stuff, but also maintain an ongoing relationship with the club.

What would be the point in him asking stuff to simply then get the cold shoulder form the club.

Also, part of his aim will be to help sell papers (or subscriptions). Who on here buys the paper? Thought not.

I really don't understand the instinctive nature of Wigan fans to want to apportion blame, whatever the circumstance.

Players, Manager, CEO, Owners, ......now, even Reporters. They all cop for it. I understood the EFL, but the rest are just easy meat for the "I could do better" brigade.

If to maintain a good relationship with the club = do nothing to challenge then what's the point.
Right now there is no club just the admins were there is no need to build a relationship so Kendrick should be all over them as Marc Iles was at Bolton - now seen as a real hero by both the fans and new owners for the efforts he put in.
Kendrick could do worse than adopt this approach as being schooled by Jay W can't be "comfortable".
When / if new owners come in by all means build that long term relationship as long as it is not just another mouth piece approach.

Not above criticising others for non-compliance of left wing ideology though is he ?
So he has got it in him to be "controversial" 😉

I would challenge anyone to find me a local sports journalist (whose job depends on good relationships with the club) who will ask provocative questions.
Ask the journalists at the local Hull newspapers how they got on when they were barred from the Kcom in June.

Not above criticising others for non-compliance of left wing ideology though is he ?
So he has got it in him to be "controversial" 😉
It was only controversial because some free-speech warriors had an issue with Kendrick using his freedom of speech to show his opinion.
Leading to loads of tweets and emails to the WEP... Cancel culture?
Honestly, some snowflakes in this world aren’t there. 🥱

Right now there is no club just the admins were there is no need to build a relationship so Kendrick should be all over them as Marc Iles was at Bolton - now seen as a real hero by both the fans and new owners for the efforts he put in..

I take your point here. but Iles was the fans' voice in the midst of a shitstorm left by the owners.

Our situation is significantly different. There'd be no point in Kendrick ranting at Stanley & Krasner. He's published quite a few interviews with them ........granted, none since the announcement though .......which is where Jay Whittle jumped in.

Still not an awful lot to say by Stanley, mind ...................... just clarify some of the bollocks that people make up in their own minds. (Not necessarily yours). ;)

It was only controversial because some free-speech warriors had an issue with Kendrick using his freedom of speech to show his opinion.
Leading to loads of tweets and emails to the WEP... Cancel culture?
Honestly, some snowflakes in this world aren’t there. 🥱
Bore off Richy - you are the biggest flake on here.
And following your post on people from Barnsley (which note did not receive the same response fm your one eyed lens cohort) also a hypocrite.
Your standards are aligned with with the EFL - all double - to fit your "today's "agenda 🤫