pre season | Vital Football

pre season

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
I think this might become a regular thing but the squad will travel to Germany for their pre season.

The first team and under-23 squad will be in Germany for a training camp on July 12 until July 20th and play three friendly games at stadiums which are yet to be announced.

The team will be based in the North-Rhine Westphalia region though.

The U23 squad will play one match in Germany

Id prefer that than playing crappy lge 2 sides where we typically pick injuries after opponents heavy handed challenges as in previous pre seasons! I remember the lovely Mr Pritchard getting done versus someone like notts county and was out for months!

so pre season all sorted:

July 12-20
Pre-season tour of Germany

Wednesday, July 24 (4.30pm)
Norwich City v Brentford
Colney Training Centre (behind-closed-doors)

Saturday, July 27 (3pm)
Luton Town v Norwich City
Kenilworth Road

Tuesday, July 30 (7pm)
Norwich City v Atalanta
Carrow Road

Saturday, August 3 (4pm)
Norwich City v Toulouse
Carrow Road

I would have liked to have had the Brentford game at Carrow Road and maybe another away game at a higher club like Rangers or the likes to challenge us

I see the game against Paderborn has been cancelled...we are looking to replace them for another club and paderborn have got another club in for us so I wonder what the problem was.

I wouldn’t want preseason to be too challenging. The purpose is to prepare for pl football, getting the legs working and integrating the team. Cambridge hacked life’s out of us last season.

Schalke have been announced as our final opponents for pre season. A good club standard to play against.

I am sure Webber/DF wanted all new players in place for the German trip but I can't see it happening at the moment

Vrancic nowhere to be seen in the recent training video of the 1st team so I am guessing he is either unwell, has an injury or still on holiday after time spent on internationals

Ah there you go pink un has answered:

Mario Vrancic, Timm Klose, Alex Tettey and Todd Cantwell not involved but they were involved in the afternoon

Team going to Germany

Tim KRUL (GK)
Ralf FAHRMANN (GK)
Michael McGOVERN (GK)

Max AARONS
Ben GODFREY
Grant HANLEY
Christoph ZIMMERMANN,
Philip HEISE
Jamal LEWIS
Timm KLOSE

Patrick ROBERTS
Mario VRANCIC
Moritz LEITNER
Onel HERNANDEZ
Todd CANTWELL
Emi BUENDIA
Marco STIEPERMANN
Tom TRYBULL,
Kenny McLEAN
Alex TETTEY
Louis THOMPSON

Josip DRMIC
Teemu PUKKI
Dennis SRBENY
Adam IDAH

I am guessing Oxborough will now be looking for a loan. It is very midfield heavy. Zimmermann has travelled

Bushiri not in the travelling parties so maybe a loan lined up for him too along with Ox and Gilmour so maybe all three going out on loan.

That defence needs some investment - Another Right back is needed asap. The same with upfront.....and same with the wings. Goodness I hope we get this sorted before the season

That defence needs some investment - Another Right back is needed asap. The same with upfront.....and same with the wings. Goodness I hope we get this sorted before the season
Agree with you on all that, Bears. I’m not too worried though, I’m strangely relaxed. Webber’s has got this, I think!

Good news that Zimmermann is ahead of schedule from his surgery. Vrancic also nearing fitness but Tettey has had a setback and might require surgery..
Hanley pulled his hamstring in the Luton game. Stiepermann also picked up a knock but should be okay.

Been alot of knocks and injuries this preseason

Apparently Buendia looked like he was still carrying a knock last night - Tucks is that true?

If so if Cantwell can perform like he did last night maybe he could come in against liverpool

Hernandez - Cantwell - Roberts

or

Cantwell - Stiepermann - Hernandez