Pre Season | Vital Football

Pre Season

Nick Real Deal

Vital Football Legend
Some shots coming through of the boys going through their paces. Including Kaz Sterling, CCV and Amos. Winks is in training Wanyama and Lucas, also Lamela. Players that didn't feature much or at all last season.

I hope a few emerge and make their mark like having new signings.

Perfect opportunity for these guys. Our main boys are not going to be ready til September. Also we will probably be losing 1 or 2. Not going to get a better opportunity than this too impress.

Another chance for KWP. I bet he can't believe it. Now he has Tripps to get past with an enhanced reputation. Maybe he should request a loan ?

Seen pics on official website of Georgiou, Amos, Sterling and Skipp in there with the 1st teamers but not seen any other younger players.

Be interesting to see whether there are others like Oakley-Boothe, Griffiths or even Edwards involved but just not visible.

Seen pics on official website of Georgiou, Amos, Sterling and Skipp in there with the 1st teamers but not seen any other younger players.

Be interesting to see whether there are others like Oakley-Boothe, Griffiths or even Edwards involved but just not visible.

Georgiou is the one being tipped as the 'break-through' player this season, but we may yet let him go out on loan, apparently.

Oliver Skipp is training with the big boys. He is highly thought of both by Spurs coaches and has played for England under 16, 17 and 18 teams. A DM , reminds me of Winks and Scott Parker in the way he shifts the ball early and his balance.

Harry expects to be back for our first game !!

It really doesn't surprise me; all of our players that have been to the WC won't need a pre-season conditioning effort, they'll just need to 'tick over' and then put in a couple or harder sessions before they start their PL season; assuming of course they're not carrying injuries.

The harder trickier problem will be keeping them on form and going forward in the second half of the season; we will have to heavily rely on squad rotation this season.

Will we have that strength in depth is the key question?

As I said; rotation this season is going to be a massive issue this season.

And we are back to the whole "we need quality depth" discussion!!! In my opinion this has been the major difference in us not closing the gap or winning it all.

Our squad was deeper than it seemed last year though. It was the injuries that killed us. We started the season without Rose and Lamela and immediately lost Wanyama. By November it was Toby's turn and then Winks never kicked a ball again for the last few months. Add to that Wanyama and Rose never getting fully fit all season and Dembele's niggles plus Kane's absence.

All teams have injuries, but we probably coped better than Utd or Liverpool would have done with equivalent injuries to their squads. That was down to guys like Davies, Sanchez and even Sissoko stepping up. I just hope this coming season it's another top 4 club that gets the injury curse.

We lost nearly 800 player days to injury last season; it ended as one of the worse seasons for injuries for us in our PL history - ...so you could say that's one Premier league title we really need to avoid getting close to again this season....

It had a massive effect on our back bone last season and as I have said many times really did show the strength in depth we had to not only cope with it but to finish in the Top because of that and playing at Wembley was an absolute astonishing feat and triumph - but alas most fans simply can't see what we were grappling with or won't give Poch the credit for how he handled the squad....

We lost nearly 800 player days to injury last season; it ended as one of the worse seasons for injuries for us in our PL history - ...so you could say that's one Premier league title we really need to avoid getting close to again this season....

It had a massive effect on our back bone last season and as I have said many times really did show the strength in depth we had to not only cope with it but to finish in the Top because of that and playing at Wembley was an absolute astonishing feat and triumph - but alas most fans simply can't see what we were grappling with or won't give Poch the credit for how he handled the squad....

Good post EX, I knew we were dealing with a ton of injuries, but I didn't realize it was that bad.

You forgot to mention our run in the CL.