Pre-Season | Page 14 | Vital Football

Pre-Season

Such a shame to end on how losses and poor performances.

Idah and sargent are poor.

I wondering the hugill lovers are still as keen?

So preseason we were powder puff in midfield. Had no defensive midfielder who could replace Skipp strength and gile. We had no punch upfront. We lack creativity behind pukki. No real backup to pressure pukki. We made mistakes at the back which cost us goals, pissed around too much. Looked weak at set pieces.

Sorry that was last season.....no hang on this preseason....no last season.

Smith said we got everything we wanted out if this Scotland trip.

Two losses, 0 goals, 3 goaks conceded, about 3 shots on target. Great stuff

On injuries

Giannoulis is unwell with sickness bug.

Smith said Hanley told him today he'll be fine to play next weekend (What do physio say).

Springett has rolled his ankle

Dowell not as far along in his return as first hoped. Should train Monday.

Byram will train Monday

Sara will train Monday and will be first him Smith has seen him. He has no idea if he will be ready to play

Gibson is not close to returning to action and not going to tea in Any time soon

Smith said we got everything we wanted out if this Scotland trip.

Two losses, 0 goals, 3 goaks conceded, about 3 shots on target. Great stuff

On injuries

Giannoulis is unwell with sickness bug.

Smith said Hanley told him today he'll be fine to play next weekend (What do physio say).

Springett has rolled his ankle

Dowell not as far along in his return as first hoped. Should train Monday.

Byram will train Monday

Sara will train Monday and will be first him Smith has seen him. He has no idea if he will be ready to play

Gibson is not close to returning to action and not going to tea in Any time soon

All set for first game loss then,
How the f*!K does Mc shite never get injured ?

Cant score in 180 minutes, depth of the squad can only be considered lean at best and that's generous, wants another one in but who?, manager got everything out of it - presumably that was proving yet again we cant score. Personally I would have thought we would have beaten Hibs easily - nope we're just a League 1/2 side.
Me thinks on this showing the Cardiff game wont be any different from the dross we were served up last season and continued in the last two games. Sara wont be match fit if he's only starting training Monday. Could be a baptism of fire for us in Wales and a starting loss is not what we need by any stretch of the imagination

No idea. Not only that but play two games in two days....so important for us.

I hope Sara, Hayden and the other new midfielder will push him out.

Ah - yes - he points, so when the finger goes up the ball goes away diminishing tackle impact to zero and when he is unfortunate to get the ball passed to him he generally quickly sends it away before his protective air space is compromised. Also can jump.

It's funny how fans like us have been posting in socials about not feeling confident especially after the last couple of preseason games and the other fans saying we beat Marseille and that's not easy....Middlesbrough beat them 2-0 the other day and I'm not sure Boro are seen as top 6 this season...or are they?