Pre-season | Page 14 | Vital Football

Pre-season

Today's scores:

Carabao Cup
Sheffield Wednesday 0 Huddersfield 0 (Huddersfield win 4-2 on penalties)

Friendly
Harrogate 2 Doncaster 3

Today's scores:

Fleetwood XI 0 Wrexham 4
Norwich 5 Gillingham 0
Oxford 1 Barnet 1
Stockport 2 Lincoln XI 0

Pre-season minutes (first team squad only):

408: Max Melbourne
405: Tayo Edun
404: Remy Longdon
388: Liam Bridcutt
368: Tom Hopper
360: Conor McGrandles
347: James Jones
315: Adam Jackson, Sam Long
290: Cohen Bramall, Max Sanders
262: Freddie Draper
225: Hayden Cann
205: Chris Maguire
180: Lewis Fiorini, Josh Griffiths, Lewis Montsma
166: Jovon Makama
151: Regan Poole
135: Lasse Sorensen
115: Anthony Scully
45: Haks Adelakun, Teddy Bishop, Dan Nlundulu
0: Joe Walsh

Someone mentioned seeing Roughan on the pitch towards the end, but I did not notice him or when he came on.

I still put this down as the strangest pre-season considering we have had players signed on. Vague mentions of injuries to some players but why we haven’t seen more of the loan outfield players for example is a bit baffling.

Is covid and pings possibly to blame? Was Map there yesterday and will he be in the dugout on Saturday.
Very little info coming out the Club but obviously we don't want big Steve to know our plans.
But whatever Map does he must not jeopardise his recovery.

Is covid and pings possibly to blame? Was Map there yesterday and will he be in the dugout on Saturday.
Very little info coming out the Club but obviously we don't want big Steve to know our plans.

Think we saw MA chatting to their coach at the very end - squads were right under the camera so hard to see much.

The wonders of social media and a 24 hours news cycle eh? There seems to be a demand for news even if there is no news.

I'm sure I heard MA's voice shout '3 minutes Haydn' to Cann at one point.

Pre-season minutes (first team squad only):

408: Max Melbourne
405: Tayo Edun
404: Remy Longdon
388: Liam Bridcutt
368: Tom Hopper
360: Conor McGrandles
347: James Jones
315: Adam Jackson, Sam Long
290: Cohen Bramall, Max Sanders
262: Freddie Draper
225: Hayden Cann
205: Chris Maguire
180: Lewis Fiorini, Josh Griffiths, Lewis Montsma
166: Jovon Makama
151: Regan Poole
135: Lasse Sorensen
115: Anthony Scully
45: Haks Adelakun, Teddy Bishop, Dan Nlundulu
0: Joe Walsh

Someone mentioned seeing Roughan on the pitch towards the end, but I did not notice him or when he came on.
Roughan came on at half time. Played 45 mins at left centre back

Michael was definitely there yesterday...

Also didn't spot him in the Salford sunshine;
However, he posted on his own Instagram that it was good to be back on the pitch etc. with a photo - so suspect he did play up to 45 minutes.

Today's scores:

Fleetwood XI 0 Wrexham 4
Norwich 5 Gillingham 0
Oxford 1 Barnet 1
Stockport 2 Lincoln XI 0

What a strange decision by Gillingham to have a friendly against premier league opposition a week before the season starts.. they could have played lower level opposition to really impose their playing style, but instead they have a confidence-sapping 5 goal defeat. Hopefully we can capitalise on it.

What a strange decision by Gillingham to have a friendly against premier league opposition a week before the season starts.. they could have played lower level opposition to really impose their playing style, but instead they have a confidence-sapping 5 goal defeat. Hopefully we can capitalise on it.
as opposed to playing a lower league team and registering a confidence boosting 0-2 defeat