Pre Season Training | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pre Season Training

Can those with better id skills than me keep an eye on pre-season photos to see if Maguire is spotted…

Can those with better id skills than me keep an eye on pre-season photos to see if Maguire is spotted…
I am probably as guilty as anybody on this forum for expressing anti Maguire sentiments. But I have said it before we need to be careful that we don't apportion all of the blame for some of our lacklustre performances on just one player others were equally culpable at times last season.
I think Maguire suffered from the blind faith that Map showed in him by selecting him time and again when his performances didn't warrant it. If he had been left out a bit more frequently he might have got the message that he needed to up his performance levels.

It would be interesting to know if MK has watched any recordings of our games last season, to look at the players. Maybe he will see things, that once put right, will transform a player - particularly if we’re set up to be more positive in possession. I think Maguire was close to being a total liability last season (and it annoyed me that the one game he put any passion in to was that against his former club) - but, who knows, under a different manager, a different plan, and a more settled squad…

I am probably as guilty as anybody on this forum for expressing anti Maguire sentiments. But I have said it before we need to be careful that we don't apportion all of the blame for some of our lacklustre performances on just one player others were equally culpable at times last season.
I think Maguire suffered from the blind faith that Map showed in him by selecting him time and again when his performances didn't warrant it. If he had been left out a bit more frequently he might have got the message that he needed to up his performance levels.
Hey I’m not anti Maguire - you can search the forum if you like. Just bit of tittle tattle on social media which would be disproved if he was spotted in the photos.

It would be interesting to know if MK has watched any recordings of our games last season, to look at the players. Maybe he will see things, that once put right, will transform a player - particularly if we’re set up to be more positive in possession. I think Maguire was close to being a total liability last season (and it annoyed me that the one game he put any passion in to was that against his former club) - but, who knows, under a different manager, a different plan, and a more settled squad…
I would be very surprised if he didn’t. From my understanding (I read it somewhere) - manager interviews nowadays consist of telling the club exactly what you’re going to do. Tactically this is down to the exact corner routines you want to run. (I would also expect it means transfers are laid out too.)

Looking at the videos etc of Montsma back in training he looks in pretty good condition. When he got injured I think it was speculated that he wouldn't be back before September at the earliest.
Hopefully he could be back before that, if so it would feel like a new signing and a big boost to the club.

I see MK said (Trinity post-match) that they are in Hungary this week at a good facility and that they have a couple of friendly games. Would be good if the club put a bit of feedback on the website 🤔

I see MK said (Trinity post-match) that they are in Hungary this week at a good facility and that they have a couple of friendly games. Would be good if the club put a bit of feedback on the website 🤔

There was a picture on the official Twitter page at the end of day one yesterday so hopefully they will keep us up to date of how things are going.

That can't possibly be true Grimsby fans tell us we are skint...

Watched about 30 mins plus goals. Played some good stuff in bits I’ve seen to be fair. How on earth did their second go in!?