Pre Season Training | Page 5 | Vital Football

Pre Season Training

From the look of the photos, seems like it. Interesting about Derby's academy - didn't know that and perhaps we're going to/have picked up some prospects there.
One other thought. Didn't Morgan Whittaker start his career at Derby although he is from the Fulbeck area. Perhaps Derby scouted the Lincolnshire area and the lads, who have moved from their academy, may have been "locals"? Just a theory, mind.

Last edited:
Was it not an U23 team? They certainly were not fully mature in physical development. I understood there were a couple of relative new lads from the Derby County academy, which has closed. On a very dry and hard pitch one of the ex Derby players had a some nice touches, especially in the first half. He was very slight in stature although he may have been younger than the rest. Number 10 on his shirt.
Is this true about Derby's academy? Can't find any mention of it online and their Twitter page still seems very active.

Was it not an U23 team? They certainly were not fully mature in physical development. I understood there were a couple of relative new lads from the Derby County academy, which has closed. On a very dry and hard pitch one of the ex Derby players had a some nice touches, especially in the first half. He was very slight in stature although he may have been younger than the rest. Number 10 on his shirt.
No. 10 was Billy Brooks.

I’m assuming West Ham friendly is off as now says an open training session on the open day
It says in the article in that it's off.

"Lincoln City XI v West Ham United U23 fixture which was scheduled as part of the event will not take place, but this will be replaced by a full first team training session..."

Oh good, what we really need are technically gifted but physically weak players.

Just read it was Billy Brooks. He's a cracking player from what I've seen.

It’s comments like this that make you realise how poor communication is between club and fan.
Or maybe there's just nothing to say? Why do people need to be taken by the hand and told everything all the time?

If nothing has been said about streaming, then it's probably safe to assume that either a) the Club are waiting from communication from Hartlepool or b) there is no streaming. We don't need to be told there is no streaming, just that there is.

Is this true about Derby's academy? Can't find any mention of it online and their Twitter page still seems very active.
I know in the podcast that Liam and Jez said we had picked up players from local academies that had been forced to close due to relegation, eg. Chesterfield (Kyrell Wheatley and Sam Green (gk). Not sure if we raided the Cods or Scunts.

That said, I think Makama and Draper came from Derby though that would've been a while ago.

Or maybe there's just nothing to say? Why do people need to be taken by the hand and told everything all the time?

If nothing has been said about streaming, then it's probably safe to assume that either a) the Club are waiting from communication from Hartlepool or b) there is no streaming. We don't need to be told there is no streaming, just that there is.

I disagree on that Luke. It take 30 seconds to write and publish a News item on the LCFC website with ticket info and if it is being streamed.

In these internet days a professional outfit in the entertainment business that relies on customers for much of its income should never let their customers "assume" anything about any fixture, away or home, friendly or cup/league.

You will no doubt have put your concerns to the club when you filled in the fan survey.

As you will know from completing this, there was plenty of opportunity for good dialogue between fan and club here.

It might be interesting if you share with us, what points you raised.
The points I raised were for the attention of the club. I must remember to copy you in next time.

I disagree on that Luke. It take 30 seconds to write and publish a News item on the LCFC website with ticket info and if it is being streamed.

In these internet days a professional outfit in the entertainment business that relies on customers for much of its income should never let their customers "assume" anything about any fixture, away or home, friendly or cup/league.
You mean something like this news item, on the OS in July, about away friendly ticket prices? Sometimes people have to go and look for it themselves.

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2022/july/tickets-away-friendlies/

Anyway, Perthimp asked the question re; streaming/iFollow, I was just being my normal helpful self.

I did notice the Blades had a special pre-season streaming package for 30 quid, or buy individually. Not sure there would be enough interest at our level/supporter base, for that to be a thing for us.

Oh good, what we really need are technically gifted but physically weak players.

Just read it was Billy Brooks. He's a cracking player from what I've seen.

Not sure about the physically weak, Sleaford players moaning to the ref about the challenges all through the second half.