Pre-Season Overseas Tour Schedule | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pre-Season Overseas Tour Schedule

Just noticed a conspicuous absence from the touring party.....

Where the heck is Benjamin Mendy?

He's built like a brick s**thouse, which just proves the old saying - never judge a book by its cover.
:ROFLMAO:

An interesting short read on the opportunity and peril of pre-season touring. The chance to shine naturally but also the risk of the exit door looming.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foo...-could-be-born-during-tour-of-asia/ar-AAEkhf5

It is a chance for those outside Pep's normal scope to have a look at what he has and although not expecting spectacular things from the youngsters, have they got what Pep is looking for, that player he can develop a talent or use in the squad for the coming season

Managed to find this although it is hardly definitive.....

https://www.clubcall.com/news/2019/07/15/mendy-back-on-the-mend/

This statement though appears to be referring to his default status....

"it appears the Frenchman is edging closer to a return to action."

?

Not good enough, he was partying whist on the sick last season and this may be his last season here if he goes missing after a few games, but can be devastatingly careless when he does play.

He's built like a brick s**thouse, which just proves the old saying - never judge a book by its cover.
:ROFLMAO:
all top show I am sorry to say, he has to make a statement this season, Mendy not even being on tour means he will not be ready for the new season and then even if he declares himself fit, how long for one wonders

all top show I am sorry to say, he has to make a statement this season, Mendy not even being on tour means he will not be ready for the new season and then even if he declares himself fit, how long for one wonders
He's got bad knees, and I fear he'll never be the player we hope he'd be. His behavior is only fun when you deliver on the pitch. We don't need an overpaid cheerleader, and if we do, I'm applying for the job.

I feel sorry for him, he's been busting a gut all summer long in Barcelona to try get himself fit. Hope he does because he's one of the best attacking left backs around when on his game, he's also shown he can play a disciplined defensive role at Anfield and in the first derby in the season just gone.

I do have my doubts though, he's suffered serious injuries in both knees now. It will be tough for him given his game relies heavily on his athleticism.

Looking forward to some action tomorrow night at last!! (No, not that sort of action (:grinning:) it's been so long.
I hope our new signings play some part.
:thumbup:

City starting XI

Bravo, Danilo, Harwood-Bellis, Laporte, Angelino, Rodri, David Silva, Doyle, Bernabe, Poveda-Ocampo, Nmecha.

4 experienced stars plus City's new midfield signing .....plus a lot if youngsters.

Opportunity knocks....