Pre-season games | Page 7 | Vital Football

Pre-season games

Playing for the dafabet cup apparently :emoticon:70 :emoticon:81 :emoticon:39

BR said earlier that 2 or 3 players from wed will likely feature tomorrow but he'll be protecting the others. Ntcham needs games so he could be one. Benyu another possible. McGregor? He might also want to Give Ajer another 45 mins at CH, albeit that's a riskier one.

Said it'd be a mix of those, plus other senior players who need games and our youth players..

I think the team you listed above will be pretty close mate.

Ciftci the unshiftable can't be anywhere near match fit so personally I wouldn't waste a seat on the plane on him.
He's not registered for our CL squad either and the shop would likely catch fire and burn to the ground if we put him in its window! :emoticon:92 :emoticon:94

Maybe Aitchison will force his way into BR's thinking if he performs well?

I was slightly surprised Aitchison didn't feature more in pre-season to be honest. Even the Lyon game I thought would have been a good one for him. You could be right about Ntcham. McGregor may get another run out as well. In terms of those that actually played on Wednesday; Benyu, Ntcham and maybe Hayes? Can't really think who the third will be. Hayes or Ajer surely.

Aitchison is definitely away with the squad which is good! I'm hoping Joe Thomson is there too. Don't know what's happening with him. He still seems to be a Celtic player but hasn't been involved in any pre-season and hasn't been sent back out on loan again yet. But he did well in the Championship last season so it's a bit strange. Get him a loan move to another SPFL team and see how he fares this season like we've done with Jamie Lindsay going to Ross County, surely that's the best option if we're simply not sure if he's good enough yet?

Saw a pic of Aitchison yesterday alongside 4 of our other players and although Ajer was one of the 4 JA looked smallish in both stature and frame. Don't know if that's actually the case or not but if it is you can see exactly why BR would have reservations and why he didn't really feature during pre-season. All conjecture on my part, of course.

You always want the younger players to do well and we have a few who seem to have been on the periphery for a while. The only ones I've heard Rodgers mention recently are Ralston and Miller. Can't recall him ever mentioning Aitchison but I wouldn't trust my memory as far as..

Thousands have travelled down for this one.

5 of the players from Wed night start today...

CELTIC (4-2-3-1) De Vries; Ralston, Ajer, Tierney, Miller; Kouassi, Ntcham; Hayes, McGregor, Sinclair; Forrest

Subs: Gordon, Bitton, Ciftci, Armstrong, Rogic, Benyu, McCart, Henderson, Hill, Hazard, Aitchison

Jeezo, Ciftci the unshiftable makes the bench (shakes head)

HT Sunderland 0 Celtic 3

Excellent first 45 from Celtic! Hope BR doesn't go for full scale changes 2nd half.

KT and Hayes took slight knocks. Forrest hasn't seen much of the ball and Sinclair's touch has been a bit off.

Latest Celtic News